Croma Hello

Currently reading:
Croma Hello

kipsta

Good evening All
Thought id join the forum as Ive been and bought a Croma Prestigio! lovely it is but got it home and could not get out of car..will sort it when I get time also bought new key fobs,front discs and pads,timing belt kit + water pump just to be on safe side.well hope to get to know a few of you over time. cheers kipsta

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard the good ship Croma! You will find lots of help on here and if you read thru the posts you will get the idea that 70%of Fiat dealers are as much good as a slapped arse and the other 30% are good but pricey!!
But dont let my rant put you off as I have just been trying to prove to a fiat dealer that £500 for a full drive shaft is a lot more than 298euros they charge in Eire. But then again i may be wrong. !!!?!! Ireland may be nearer GKN in Birmingham (where they are made)than me in Sheffield!!
Best of luck with the Door prob it will be something and nothing. You have made the right choice.

Was this the blue 45k miler? If so it looked very nice from the advert :cool:

I spoke to the seller of that earlier last week, but he wasn't prepared to shift at all on the price even though it needed at least the belts, so my current budget restrictions meant I took it no further.

Looking forward to the pics whichever car she is and hope (as it sounds) you are pleased with it (y)

Welcome to planet Croma. You will love the practicality, economy and exclusivity the Croma offers but they can drive you mad with their niggles and faults but on the good side, all the common faults are well documented and most are an easy and fairly cheap fix with plenty of advice on this excellent forum. Happy motoring.

Good evening Dave and others
I found it on Autotrader and its the blue one in Maidstone.immaculate condition but problem with the door but this does not faze me,I will strip door down and fix it so it dont break again! Evo N0 1...Knocked him down £500 as mentioned belts. was easy. Bargain it is..new tyres and 1 owner with full history.Bobby blue- Ive had 4 Audi's,1 Jag,Citroens,Mazda's,Honda's,Vw etc..they all have faults so my Croma does not worry me..Thanks for all your welcomes..regards Kip

Welcome aboard the good ship Croma! You will find lots of help on here and if you read thru the posts you will get the idea that 70%of Fiat dealers are as much good as a slapped arse and the other 30% are good but pricey!!
But dont let my rant put you off as I have just been trying to prove to a fiat dealer that £500 for a full drive shaft is a lot more than 298euros they charge in Eire. But then again i may be wrong. !!!?!! Ireland may be nearer GKN in Birmingham (where they are made)than me in Sheffield!!
Best of luck with the Door prob it will be something and nothing. You have made the right choice.
I wont be using dealers for anything Tarquin...do it all myself..(y)

Hi Kipsta,
Welcome aboard. The Croma's a decent car when working and since I stopped taking it to the main stealer and started getting advice from the people on this forum it's been so much better.

If you haven't got it already download ECUscan and get an interface cable - it makes working with them so much easier. (y)

Hiya folks
Thought id update as not been around for few days,well ive done my front discs and pads! £100 all in for brembo discs and mintex pads,sorted my dodgy door handles out,Fiat dealer wanted 36 quid per handle lol..took an hour to get door panel off fix broken catch,remove fiat spring,fitted new spring but on different part of handle,put back on and wahey its brill,doing all doors next week,Kip is a happy man!! may buy another and have 2..

Back