Tempra Hello from the North Cotswolds

Currently reading:
Tempra Hello from the North Cotswolds

MaxHeadroom

2014 PANDA 4x4 TwinAir
Greetings to all!

I've been lurking in these forums for a week or so now, and have just today, taken the plunge, and bought my first Italian job!

It's a 2014 Panda 4x4 (petrol) in what my son describes as "cow-pat green" (I have to educate him a little on that matter :rolleyes:)

Sadly my very beloved convertible Suzuki Jimny has got terminal issues and has had to go.

Another 4x4 was essential as I work nights and getting caught out in the Cotswold Hills during the occasional blizzard conditions at 3am during the winter months isn't fun.

I was very pleased to find these forums; I'm a member of the 'BigJimny' forums and still down as a moderator for the SAAB techtalk forums - even though the SAAB is long gone I still have a few acquaintances there that I drop in on from time to time, and I'm looking forward to making some more here.

As an aside, I'm restoring a 1930s MG sportscar (I even traced and met the first owner of that back in the 1980s!) and four years ago bought back my second ever car, a 1979 MG Midget which I owned for twenty years from when it was just 6 months old.

Last year, I attended what was probably the biggest gathering of Suzuki Jimnys ever put together, but I'm now looking forward to the possibility that there may be some FIAT gatherings sometime in the not-too-distant future to attend.

I hope my future with the Panda is going to be a happy one in spite of some cheeky colleagues ribbing me about "Fixing It Again Tomorrow" etc

Best Wishes to all!

Max Headroom

Last edited:
Not too far from the M40; I'm quite near to Stow-On-The-Wold, Chipping Norton, Moreton-In-The-Marsh, and Broadway.

This summer has been one of pain not getting to my regular Prescott Hillclimb vintage-car meetings, and although I'm under the impression the Classic Car show may go ahead, the highlight of the year for me is Beaulieu International autojumble which has been cancelled.

...So any organised future FIAT meetings will be an absolute must! (y)

Last edited:
Back