Bravo Hello from sunny Spain

Currently reading:
Bravo Hello from sunny Spain

bigmacinspain

Hi!
Just thought I'd be neighbourly and make my first post. Just got a Bravo 1.4 T-jet for my daughter. There was no manual or maintenance book, nothing, when we bought it from a local car dealer, but it looks pretty clean, 90,000km, year 2008, black metallic with black alloy wheels - my daughter loves it!

Still working out what extras it has - so far, we I've found bi-zone climate control, 17" black alloys (or was it 16"?), metallic paint, Blue&Me communication centre, cruise control, city steering option, and I just love those side lights that let you see where you're going when cornering! Reminds me a bit of my old Soarer...

At 120 horsepower, it's more than enough for my young daughter, and a good step up from the Skoda Fabia 1.4 she had before. Which is why the insurance companies don't want to know anyone under 25 years old, I suppose, though 120 horsepower is not exactly that much...what do you think?

Welcome :wave:

Still working out what extras it has - so far, we I've found bi-zone climate control, 17" black alloys (or was it 16"?), metallic paint, Blue&Me communication centre, cruise control, city steering option, and I just love those side lights that let you see where you're going when cornering! Reminds me a bit of my old Soarer...

All standard kit, not extras depending upon the model spec.

All standard? Pretty good! I'm not sure what model mine is - it just says "Bravo" on the back, and "T-Jet" on the front...though I guess the previous owner has also added some silly looking chromey strips on the door sills, saying "WRC" or some such crap, I don't suppose those are standard! What other models did they have in the 1.4 T-Jet 120hp series?

All standard? Pretty good! I'm not sure what model mine is - it just says "Bravo" on the back, and "T-Jet" on the front...though I guess the previous owner has also added some silly looking chromey strips on the door sills, saying "WRC" or some such crap, I don't suppose those are standard! What other models did they have in the 1.4 T-Jet 120hp series?

In the UK it was Active (entry spec), Dynamic (top of the range, which sounds the same as what yours it), and Sport (Basically an Active with lots of external sport trim bits and different suspension setup I believe).

Ah yes! Dynamic! Now that I think about it, that's what the dealer said it was!

I'm used to running around in older, more powerful cars, so suddenly having a newer model with a few bells and whistles is quite a novelty. Can't wait to explore the Blue&Me function; if it does half of what the on-line handbook I downloaded says, I'll be really pleased!

A pity my daughter wasn't a bit older...for the same money she could've been driving around in a (10 years older) E55 AMG Mercedes, but the running costs and insurance made that just a pipedream...

Still, the Bravo feels like a 'proper' car, and is decent value for money.

I couldn't believe the price of cars in Spain. Much more expensive than in the UK.

Yes, and prices have been falling this past few years! We paid 5000 euros (about £4250ish) for a 2008 bravo dynamic 120hp with 90,000km = 56,000 miles approx. I guess it would have been much cheaper in the UK, no? It comes with an engine and gearbox 1 year guarantee, and from my research on the internet, was in fact quite a bargain for this car in Spain!

Last edited:
My parents moved back from 10 years in Spain. Cars were a lot move expensive and I wondered how they ever sold any. Perhaps prices have fallen. Enjoy the car.

Thanks, that's nice info to know. I nearly went for a November 2009 1.4 bravo, with only 36,000km on the clock, 900€ more in price, but was the 1.4 FIRE Dynamic 90hp version...which was probably an even better bargain, but felt that 90hp was just not enough for really comfortable driving. But you have to look long and hard, to find bargains like that here in Spain...

Yes, and prices have been falling this past few years! We paid 5000 euros (about £4250ish) for a 2008 bravo dynamic 120hp with 90,000km = 56,000 miles approx. I guess it would have been much cheaper in the UK, no? It comes with an engine and gearbox 1 year guarantee, and from my research on the internet, was in fact quite a bargain for this car in Spain!

In November last year, I paid £4,800 for my 2008 Bravo 1.4 T-Jet 150bhp dynamic showing 48,000 miles. Mine came with a huge history folder though (almost every receipt from new), as well as a 1-year unlimited mileage cover-all warranty.

So, to be honest, I would say prices are roughly similar. Although I admit, mine was the most expensive I looked at last year, and also the highest mileage! I very nearly bought another '08 T-Jet 150 Dynamic with just 36,000 miles for £3,900, but in the end decided I didn't like the car - it was a gold coloured one, which didn't float my boat at all. It was a good car though, had a very full service history file as well, and was in good shape save for the normal stone chips you would expect to find. It just didn't do it for me, unfortunately.

Back