Panda (Classic) Hello from my 141 AS53B 156C.046 Bosch SPI 4x4 Country Club and I

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) Hello from my 141 AS53B 156C.046 Bosch SPI 4x4 Country Club and I

frankquietly

Howdy doody, I've got a 4x4 Panda 1992 registered. Its a Country Club 141 AS53B with a 156C.046 engine with the bosch mono jetronic SPI. We are based in Portugal, its a LHD model and portugese registered. Have had some fun on the trails around here :) I am going to start a project to fix a few issues, freshen up a few parts, spend a feeeew quid! I've found a few answers on here before, had to change the electronic ignition module and the forum helped me so thank you.
Cheers
Frank

Okee dokee here are some pics, and some questions if anyone could spare an eye. I have deduced the white circled part is the vapour control valve, the hose is not currently connected to anything. The back of the Bosch SPI body has 3x ports (also ringed white in t'other photo) top of pic is connected to air intake (engine hose) middle of pic is connected to to vacuum advance, and bottom of pick is currently plugged off. I am assuming the vapour hose should have been connected here? And also assuming all 3x connections are vacuum connections, not working independantly in any way?

Attachments

• IMG_20240221_135404.jpg
    IMG_20240221_135404.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240221_135541.jpg
    IMG_20240221_135541.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240221_135616 r.jpg
    IMG_20240221_135616 r.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20240221_135658 r.jpg
    IMG_20240221_135658 r.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Unfortunately my manuals have all been put into storage and I’m a long way from them…however, although the 4x4 1100spi is not included in them, as it was never sold here, the evap system is the same as the panda selector. So, in the absence of me being able to post pics or comment, hopefully one of the guys with one can take some pics or upload the manual?!?

The engine in the vid looks very stable, not jiggling aboot. Reassuring to hear similar tinkles! @porta have you got a Panda also?
I’ve been without a 141 panda 4x4 for two years and that is since1987 where I’ve always had at least one! And yes, I do miss them, we’ve had the newer 169 and 312 since 2005 and, although they’re good, they’ve not got the sheer bloodymindedness of the originals

i have this full system in my shed. they put it on the Fiat Uno here in the UK. i ran it on Talon a while back however the idle control stepper motor failed so i converted it back to carb.

its a strange system, not using a crank position sensor instead going of the points/ignition modules output to the coil. heh i still have the lambda sensor in the exhaust on Talon not connected to anything, just plugging the hole. i may look into getting a new idle control motor thing again at some point and sticking it all back on. it worked good in the few months i had it installed.

i have this full system in my shed. they put it on the Fiat Uno here in the UK. i ran it on Talon a while back however the idle control stepper motor failed so i converted it back to carb.

its a strange system, not using a crank position sensor instead going of the points/ignition modules output to the coil. heh i still have the lambda sensor in the exhaust on Talon not connected to anything, just plugging the hole. i may look into getting a new idle control motor thing again at some point and sticking it all back on. it worked good in the few months i had it installed.
I have some parts I am not using. but not sure if stepper motor is alive

Back