Hellcat's day of discount...

Currently reading:
Hellcat's day of discount...

I've just finished nights today and I'm worried if I go to sleep my good fortune may stop!

Just been to Tesco to look at getting a dishwasher. Bunny has rather expencive taste so it had to be the Bosch Logixx. :rolleyes: Price on the shelf says £299 which seems cheap since the classixx underneath is also £299. Turns out they both have the same product code but I'm determined to get the price on the shelf.

We get most of the way through ordering when we ask to make certain the number is correct since its the same price as the one under it. She checks the numbers and says ah, its different. I'm expecting a big arguement over the price but she just says that she will order that one and honor the price on the shelf :eek: Unfortunatly they can't order that one as its discontinued, so we get the display model with a further 10% off! Result! £550+ dishwasher for under half price, only problem is we have to take it with us - but thats not a problem for the Marea (y)

Feeling pretty happy I decide now is the best time to go and have an arguement with Fiat over the wheel bolts I got for the Tipo, and order a new aerial for the Marea plus some filters. I ordered 16 bolts and only received 13. I doubt they will do anything but I'll still be happy cause of the great deal with the dishwasher. I get to Wentane, explain the situation and the parts guy just says - ah factory problem. I'll get them ordered free of charge and give you discount on the aerial and the filters. :eek: Result numero 2!

Now I pop into Sewells for a couple of bottles of fully synthetic for the Tipo. It's pretty expencive stuff but the guy just gives me a fiver off for buying 2 bottles! Result number 3!

What's next?! :idea:

We looked at the Bosch Logixx a few weeks back, when our old Bosch broke down - but if I recall, the load capacity not great [especially with 2 kids] and only a cold-water fill :) - ended up with an LG instead, lol.

Still, sounds like a good day all round :p

Helz said:
Well done :D So all this money you've saved, what are you going to spend it on?

Petrol for the Tipo :D

Most appliances are cold fill only now Stu. The amount of water they draw through is low enough that you only get the cold water that is sat in the hot pipes. It then cuts off and all that hot water that has entered the pipes just sits there and goes cold. Waste of energy (n)

Electricity is cheaper than gas at the moment, and probably will stay that way given the recent price hikes.

Hellcat said:
Most appliances are cold fill only now Stu. The amount of water they draw through is low enough that you only get the cold water that is sat in the hot pipes. It then cuts off and all that hot water that has entered the pipes just sits there and goes cold. Waste of energy (n)
I realise that - I hunted high and low for a dual-fill machine - we got 2 taps going to the washing machine, and knowing my luck, I would have to cap off the hot one, and then find a leak in a few weeks time, lol! LG seemed one of the very few companies that did it.....

Stuart DemonD said:
I realise that - I hunted high and low for a dual-fill machine - we got 2 taps going to the washing machine, and knowing my luck, I would have to cap off the hot one, and then find a leak in a few weeks time, lol! LG seemed one of the very few companies that did it.....

Haha sorry. We plumbed in the new heating system here only to find the washer was cold fill only. :bang:

Oh well.

Since the dishwasher is ex display it's got a couple of scratches - anyone know if you can t-cut the paint on a household appliance? :D

no the logixx (two xx's) was discounted BY bosch about 6months ago, then they stopped making them

We got one 4months ago, came from comet on the other side of the country, got here with the biggest dent I've seen in the side, told to keep it and use it.
Next one came a week later (thats two days off work to stay in for it(was a saturday delivary) ) didn't come, came another week later, that one also dented in the same place and with a bit of rust on the side.

Next one came and that was OK, we had carefully packed it back up and stuck all the instructions in it, when the guys came to take it away they just dumped it on the tarmac outside then literally thru it in the back of the truck, so we got one dishwasher and comet had to pay for three!! and to be removed and 'taken care of'

One thing to say about the bosh dishwashers though, you can't fit standard sized plates in the front plate racks:eek: , and even then when you put ones that fit in the thing you can't fit standard size small plates in the back.

I've just been on the Bosch website and i'm having difficultly working out the difference between the logixx one we bought today and the new one that is now out.

Stuart DemonD said:
only cold feed is good, means there still hot water for me to have a wash with, as the disswasher hasn't drank it all :)

Hellcat said:
.... I get to Wentane, explain the situation and the parts guy just says - ah factory problem. I'll get them ordered free of charge and give you discount on the aerial and the filters. :eek: Result numero 2!

Nice one! Wentane are really good for parts, top service.

Back