General Heating system problems?

Currently reading:
General Heating system problems?

Trevino

The heater in my car, 78 124, hasnt functioned as long as i have owned it. the fan works, but somtimes makes a crackeling sound. there are two hoses, which i believe to be the hot weater inlet and outlet, but they have been unhooked and there are wires that are disconnected? I have been told that a heater valve is out so the previous owner disconected the heater? any help on where to get said valve or any other needed p[arts would be much appericiated!

Attachments

• 100_2140.JPG
    100_2140.JPG
    498.8 KB · Views: 37
Also, in the picture, there are two spots for hoses, the first has no hose, and the second has a hose that is about 2 inches long

check with midwest bayless.com they have all those parts and more. second you need a manual to let you know how to hook it all up much easier to spend the money on it .. it is the most usefull thing you can buy for these cars.

Those hoses are supposed to be connected to on-off switch located under dash of passenger side. It is a little unit that lets hot water into your heater core when the cable switch in center consoul is switched on. In most cases the rubber diaphram in the switch cracks and leaks water in the car.

Back