General heater problem

Currently reading:
General heater problem

TonyB1

When my F reg Uno 60S has heated up, it is still blowing cold air out of the front vents when the heating is turned up, but the vents below the windscreen blow hot. Does anyone know why the front will not blow hot?

this is how the uno heating is. it was never intended to blow hot ait into the car and only cold air. luckily my uno does blow hot air into the car but hardly any onto the screen which is a pain... i think the previous owner modified it slightly to allow this.

The standard heater is for cold air only except for the windscreen.

Uno "Fire" 999cc
Lowered 40mm Uprated Gmax shock & Spring system
Fox Evo3 15" Alloy Wheels
3" Rage Backbox
Corbeau Clubmans
E-Tech hatch Spoiler (FOR SALE, PM ME!)
450W 12" Boschmann Sub
330W Pioneer 6x9s
500W SPLX Amp

Click here for photos

The 4 front vents are for cold air. Those on the sides are driven by "your speed at the moment". Those in the middle are equipped with an extra fan. Still - only cold air. Hot air comes from the tiny ones at the lower outmost edges of your front window, and up the holes in the dash to unfog the window. Also you get some hot air on your feet if you prefer, but then the rest will fog...

Get used to it, the heater is crap and not designed for northern countries - or the UK.

Morten.

abarth alloys, steering wheel. inter alloy lowering. phoenix gold audio. refurnish.

projects: induction. seats. exhaust. tinting.

He was probably thinking "nobody will-a buy-a dis-a crappy car, i don't get-a paid enough for dis-a s**t, let-a dem freeze - capice?"

Yours,
Andy Bellenie

I'm nice owner of Selecta. The poor heater operation may be due to a faulty thermostat. I had the problem, the temp gauge showing low readings, except in traffic jam, engine idling for some time. I removed the thermostat in order to check it, it was stuck open. I replaced it, and the heater recovered its full efficiency.

Back