Technical Heater motor

Currently reading:
Technical Heater motor

blueh2steve

Is it a part just for the croma or is it the same as another car / model.

Also does the dash have to be removed to change it

Elearn says take out glove locker, but just had mine done. Alex got up behind the glove locker and had the fan out in 20 mins. Before he started he said "its usually the controller" and sure enough the electronic controller under the fan had caught fire, and burnt a hole in the plastic case.

This was most likely the result of a local garage leaving off the little drain pipe from the windscreen bottom rubber seal. Have not got them to admit it though, might be difficult to prove.

The fan is about £150, the controller £90, parts are croma specific.
The result of leaving the drain off was a saturated front carpet. I didn't know this was happening until the fan stopped. The water also came above one connection above the sill which stopped the throttle operating until cleaned.

Here's what I found out previously (good news, it's a Vectra part)...

https://www.fiatforum.com/croma-ii/291018-heater-resistor.html

As I said in that thread, it can be done without taking the glovebox out, but it's not much fun fiddling about while standing on your head. It's also very easy to break the crappy plastic brackets that hold the foamy cover in place. If I did it again, I'd look at how much work is in taking the glovebox out (probably not very much).

I have the blower out and it is fooked, the number on it is 007016m, there are a couple on fleabay under Vectra C but the number on them are 007017j, they look the same but anyone know for sure.

I don't know the answer directly, but I'm pretty sure that there are different versions for either manual air con or automatic climate control. Could it be that the two part codes are not Croma/Vectra but manual/automatic?

I don't think climate control was that common on Vectras, so it may be harder to find one for an Eleganza or Prestigio (which have climate control).

This is only a theory - let us know what you find out.

Doofs you are right about the auto and manual air con, but it gets worse. The RHD and LHD models have different fans too. Here goes

LHD Manu air con fan: Part no.77363758

LHD Auto air con fan: Part no. 77363723

RHD Man air con fan: Part no. 77363774

RHD auto air con fan: Part no 77363776

When I said it's Croma specific I was referring to Fiat ePer parts list, the heater fan was not used on any other Fiat make. This might suggest that it was sourced from GM parts bin. just a thought.

I'm afraid I have more bad news. It doesn't look like it's a GM part either.

Why do you say this? It must be GM - it looks exactly the same as one. I think it's actually Valeo.

E.g. Vectra manual air con version:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...arParts_SM&hash=item1c266bbc70#ht_4525wt_1344

Vectra automatic climate control version:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-...CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1d43392d#ht_500wt_1361

By the way, from a quick scour of ebay, the automatic one is much, much rarer than the manual one. You're alright if you've got a Dynamic.

We need photos of a Croma one to compare (hint: blueh2steve)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hope these help

Attachments

• heater motor 001.jpg
    heater motor 001.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 35
  • heater motor 002.jpg
    heater motor 002.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 23
  • heater motor 003.jpg
    heater motor 003.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 23
  • heater motor 004.jpg
    heater motor 004.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 34
  • heater motor 005.jpg
    heater motor 005.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 26
My conclusions attached as a pdf...

Keep us informed as to what you find out. Mine's a bit squeaky, so I'll have a go at cleaning/lubing it, but will be after another if I can't get anywhere.

The price of that ebay item is a bit shocking, but they should be cheaper elsewhere. I just used that one as they had good photos.

Attachments

• blower.pdf
    426.6 KB · Views: 150
Got a motor off Ebay for £55 inc delivery, fitted it yesterday and all is well. Was listed as off a Vectra C with climate control.

This is the description on ebay add

WELCOME THIS IS ANOTHER ONE OF OUR USED CAR PART LISTINGS
DESCRIPTION & CONDITION - THIS IS A VAUXHALL VECTRA C USED CLIMATE CONTROL BLOWER MOTOR
NOTE THE RESISTOR IS NOT INCLUDED LITTLE PART ON THE TOP
FITS VECTRA C YEAR - 2002 - 2009

Sorry did not get any numbers off it, took about an hour to get out, no special tools, star bolts to take glove box out and disconnected the air bags inside door jamb.Also had to take off the side trim near gearbox to make access easier. About 10 mins to put back as i knew where the bolts were situated. All in all a bit fiddly but quite easy.

It's a fiddly bugger, especially a couple of bolts towards the front of the footwell - where the floor comes up to meet it.

I ended up using a torx bit with a 1/4" spanner for one or two, as there's no space for a screwdriver.

All this is while standing on your head in the passenger footwell.

Back