Technical Heater Matrix

Currently reading:
Technical Heater Matrix

spunky

Hi people, i have been informed that my heater matrix may be up **** creek and it has been p1ssing coolent over the wireing for my stereo which has made it intermittent.

Does anybody know what kind of moneyi would be looking at to get this fixed, would it make the car fail an MOT is it something i could change myself or would i be best paying a mechanic to do it.

And is there anything else that i could check to find out if it is the heater matrix which is gone.

Cheers

Not an MOT Failure.

If there is water leaking inside the car then check to see where its coming from, if it looks like from under the dash then take off the dash. if from behind then maybe something is spraying in from the engine bay, check for loose pipes.

If you have a Garage then do it yourself, when you find out whats wrong order the parts. It is a long job (£££) so if you can avoid bringing it to a mechanic do so at all costs.

Cause your dismantling would be taking place inside the car you could probably do it in a driveway.

That def sounds like the heater matrix. Thats happend twice to me! Its a right pain in the ass to change as the whole heating and ventilation unit has to be removed. Its not difficult to do, just very time consuming and i'd recomend you change it yourself or you'll end up paying for something silly like 4 hours of labour!

Back