Technical Heater Fan Problem!

Currently reading:
Technical Heater Fan Problem!

magicmonkey

I have an Uno 1.0 IE Start (fire engine I believe) 1993 reg, the fan for the heater just cut out and has completely stopped working, could anyone tell me how to get to the fan itself to see if it's just blocked or needs a new fan? I've tried the fuses already and sure enough it's going to be more of a pain in the but than that!

good point! Do you know where I could get a switch from to replace it with?

First test it by joining the wires together (hotwire) saves having to replace a perfectly good switch :)

magicmonkey said:
good point! Do you know where I could get a switch from to replace it with?

Fiat or scrapyard!

JJhepburn has a good point as well. Pull the switch off, then bridge the connections with a piece of wire. Check the wiring diagram first! Also, if you have a multimeter check for voltage supply.

If the fan itself has gone then it's a real pain because the whole dashboard has to come out to get to the heater box. You have to remove the heater box as the fan is at the back.

I've done it on a mk1, and assume a mk2 is similar. You can actually remove the fan unit from the heater box, but you might be better off swapping the whole heater box over for one from a scrapped Uno with a known working fan.

Good luck!

Chas

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll have a pop at this over the weekned and let you know what happens...

Back