Technical Heater Direction Control

Currently reading:
Technical Heater Direction Control

lhhugehole

Hi All

In my Fiat ducato mk2 2006 based motorhome

The right hand heating control selector that changes which vents to push air out of will not hold in position for far right or far left the three other vent selections click into place.

Having removed the radio, map holder, cup holder, and I can now see the back of the heater control unit. The selector pulls or pushes a cable which I think connects to a gear somewhere to move flaps to change air direction.

I cant figure out where this gear is or how you get to it. I've looked on the electronic version of the workshop manual but don't see where the appropriate section is.

I have seen some other posts on here regarding the same issue however I cant find that post to give me the help I need.

If anyone has done this and can recall how to get to this gearing please advise or if you know where the section is in the workshop manual id appreciate your help

Many Thanks all

So i finally managed to get the heater control unit out it wasn't too bad although you do have to take off some screws and lift off three control cables from the back of the unit, and remove an electrical connector.

So than i could reach where the other end of the cable connected via a screw undid this and pulled of the piece of plastic.... and then three other bits of plastic fell off look like some gearing to control the physical flap position. Because i didn't look before pulling the first plastic piece off i now have no idea how it goes back together.

So back to the control switch with a cup of tea and figured out that it had slipped a gear cog which i think is actually impossible must have been installed that way at the factory. So now the switch clicks into place on all 5 positions so that's good.

So i went back to the electronic workshop manual and found the appropriate section this time its in

Procedures > 50 AUXILIARY UNITS > 5020 HEATER > 5020B HEATER CONTROLS > 5020B38 AIR DISTRIBUTION FLAP CONTROL CABLE - R+R

But when i click on this it says "unavailable information" grrrrrr

Does anyone else have this info?
What version of e-learn is it on i'm on 1.3.2 i think.

Many Thanks

Back