Technical Heater Control Bulbs short circuit

Currently reading:
Technical Heater Control Bulbs short circuit

Darth Odious

I'm in a spot of bother! Tried replacing the bulbs and inadvertently caused a short after I broke one in the housing. now none of the bulbs light up. I've checked and double checked all 4 bulbs and their polarity to see if they have blown, (which are all working). Question are the bulbs connected to a shared fuse somewhere? I can't figure out what the problem could be. Any ideas on what to do next would be much appreciated.

Result! Thank you so much Scudmonkey and Ziggy122 for your help! It was driving me mad. Strange, I tested all the fuses with my Power Probe 3 and that 7.5 fuse tested ok. It did detect the blown cigarette lighter fuse. It just goes to show seeing is believing! My new Haynes manual can't come quick enough. Cheers!

Those heater control bulbs are a right pain in the bum. If you push the bulb in a bit too firmly the bulb holder pops out the back and they're really difficult to put back in :( I've put an LED strip in, wired from the cigarette lighter bulb wire, really can't be bothered changing the flippin' bulbs anymore.

Back