General heater/aircon

Currently reading:
General heater/aircon

just got my new marea,well new to me 98 r hlx in black ,my proplem is this this is the first marea i'v had with aircon/auto climate i think they call it ,well every time i start from cold even if all the heater/aircon/climate is off there is a funny noise coming from behind the heater controls ,if you open the ashtray and put your hands up behind you can feel vibration and the noise changes if you touch the plastick behind ashtray everything works ok just the noise:confused:only last for about a mile of driving,and the noise is there if heater/aircon/climate is switched on or off any one else had this or is it normall :confused:

The climate control uses an interior temperature sensor just about where you are hearing the vibration. It has a small fan that blows cabin air over it and it may be that which is making the noise. The fan on my car is audible if the car is not running, but there is no vibration so maybe the bearings in yours are worn or dry. I have to say climate control scares me, there is so much to go wrong.

Back