Technical heated seats

Currently reading:
Technical heated seats

calcutta

Hello together,
I am a new member and I am from Germany.
(excuse me for my bad english)
I drive my car since 2000 and am very happy with it.

I drive a Fiat Brava EL from 97 with 115.000km and BENZIN / LPG

I want to install original leather seats with heated seats (from Brava 97 ELX) in my car. The leather seats I've already installed, I found the connectors under the seats and connected to the seats....but the seat heater does not work.

what should I do?
I would be very happy if I you can help me

Many greetings

Attachments

• heated-seats-02.jpg
    heated-seats-02.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Bild000.jpg
    Bild000.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 113
  • ici.jpg
    ici.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Bild001.jpg
    Bild001.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 83
  • disi_3.JPG
    disi_3.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 59
Hello together,
I am a new member and I am from Germany.
(excuse me for my bad english)
I drive my car since 2000 and am very happy with it.

I drive a Fiat Brava EL from 97 with 115.000km and BENZIN / LPG

I want to install original leather seats with heated seats (from Brava 97 ELX) in my car. The leather seats I've already installed, I found the connectors under the seats and connected to the seats....but the seat heater does not work.

what should I do?
I would be very happy if I you can help me

Many greetings

Hello and Welcome.

I would check the 20A fuse. Drivers side top bunch of fuses right hand side second from the top. It also works the cigarette lighter. If the fuse is fine, you should check you have power to the switch with a multimeter. However chances are the heating elements are broke. It only takes a few times to kneel on the seats to break the heating elements.

I retrofitted new heating elements to both seats in my bravo hlx once i found the heating elements on the drivers side to be terminal.

(AdrianBravo)
Fitting Heated seats to a SX Mk1 model

The issue has been discussed here already...
Unfortunately I can not tell whether the problem was successfully solved.

There you will find a picture of 20A Fuse....
You could select the picture which you meant

Thank You for your Support

(AdrianBravo)
Fitting Heated seats to a SX Mk1 model

The issue has been discussed here already...
Unfortunately I can not tell whether the problem was successfully solved.

There you will find a picture of 20A Fuse....
You could select the picture which you meant

Thank You for your Support

There is no link. Therefore I have provided you a scanned copy of the fuses from my vehicles handbook.

The fuse circled is for Heated Seats.

fuses.jpg

Look for this 6pin connector near your fusebox under the dash. It will not be connected to anything. There is no where to plug it in on your model.

The thick blue wire on the right is for the heated seats. You can connect it to power in your own way, obviously this must be done safely with the correct fuse.

Look for this 6pin connector near your fusebox under the dash. It will not be connected to anything. There is no where to plug it in on your model.

The thick blue wire on the right is for the heated seats. You can connect it to power in your own way, obviously this must be done safely with the correct fuse.
There I think that's what you mean cable with 6pin connector, but its connected.

Do you mean this? - Should I connect the two wires?

sx-fuse-01b.jpg

I will again free up all the cables and look for the not connected connector.

I think this is the six pin connector that is not connected in my car. Are there wires on the other side of that plug on your car?

You can do basic test with a multimeter. Test the tick blue wire to see if it goes to the seat plugs, test for a voltage at the seat plugs when your car is set to MAR. If your car has all the wires connected maybe there is a broken fuse.

It should be one of the 20 amp yellow fuses, cant be sure witch because they are easy to swap around. The heated seat fuse also serves the electric sunroof. If the fuse is not broken the heating elements could be.

Can I ask what Fiat your steering wheel came from? A Barrachetta?

Last edited:
Hello Adrian Bravo ThankYou,
Today I had time and took care of me for it

I would like to connect the two cables as...
(see below, the image)

I first want to know but it works easily in your car?

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 69
What I do find strange here is that nobody has mentioned a switch? is there not supose to be one to control these heated seats, unless I have not follwed the conversation right but it seems to me, that the heated eliments of these seats are being conected directly to a 20amp power supply, when I would would have thought they should incorporate some kind of resistance switch for stepped heating (1,2 & 3 setting) or a very basic on/off switch, otherwise these seats will be hot all the time winter (OOOooo nice) and summer!

What I do find strange here is that nobody has mentioned a switch? is there not supose to be one to control these heated seats, unless I have not follwed the conversation right but it seems to me, that the heated eliments of these seats are being conected directly to a 20amp power supply, when I would would have thought they should incorporate some kind of resistance switch for stepped heating (1,2 & 3 setting) or a very basic on/off switch, otherwise these seats will be hot all the time winter (OOOooo nice) and summer!
Thrisey,
The switch and on/off LED are on the seat's. ;) I am going to move my lights to the dashboard one day.

Calcutta,
Yes that is how I have connected my seats now. The Fiat wiring diagrams shows the circuit is wired in that way. Always double check what you are doing though, your wiring could be different than my car. Or someone may have changed things before you bought the car. We do not want any fires. Make sure the connection is on the same fuse as the sunroof.

Calcutta,
Yes that is how I have connected my seats now. The Fiat wiring diagrams shows the circuit is wired in that way. Always double check what you are doing though, your wiring could be different than my car. Or someone may have changed things before you bought the car. We do not want any fires. Make sure the connection is on the same fuse as the sunroof.
something in advance....Thank you for your support.
I have connected it today, I see on the side of the red light when I press the switch. My soft ass is a little warm :D - How long it takes to be a very warm?

Adrian Bravo

On the seat! Ahh right with you now, I thought it would be some where on the dash, some kind of wheel or knob you turn if it has settings or a single rocker/push switch for an on-off afair.
I havn't got them in mine but have seen them in other makes usually in dash or centre consul somewhere, so took a guess - SORRY!

Back