General Hard core Panda'ing in the dark

Currently reading:
General Hard core Panda'ing in the dark

Well, I spent the most of this afternoon finishing fitting the new car alarm to dad's Selecta this afternoon. Now all it left to do is install the central locking and interface it with the alarm to make it remote :devil:

When dad got home he decided to take the rear bumper off of the Donor 750L, as it got dark I got the lighting out for him and help. All the bolts on the rear bumper sheared off :p, and the side rear supports were so coroded that it was easier to yank it back and forth to snap the body work on the car (the advantage of it soon going to the crusher :() to get it off.

We then moved onto the front bumper which was a bit of a pain, mainly because it was wedged against the driveway wall, but eventually it to came off.

So now all it left is to empty the content of the car (different bits and bobs) and remove the seatbelts, and jobs a good un. The fun will then start organising someone to come and take her.

All plans to keep mother happy as the Donor 750L has sat outside the front of the house since June 2006 :eek:

A few pic's;

08082008128.jpg08082008129.jpg
08082008130.jpg08082008131.jpg
08082008132.jpg08082008133.jpg

I tend to avoid working at night - though I have done polishing in the early hours. I usually get bored though and end up driving somewhere.

Sound's like you got up esspecially to do it :p

We to tend not to work to much in the dark, but it was a case of being in the mood, and the job needing doing fairly ASAP, as with the Selecta from 'Selecta Man' coming, mum will start to tear her hair out. Dad and I have no problem being surrounded by them all though :p

thats the way to do it:slayer: i remember when i had a cortina many years ago and i went to the scrapyard and got some new seats for it i was so excited about fitting them i couldnt sleep! 2.30 am i was out with the spanners on the drive:p im far to old for such antics now though:D

Finished working on my Selecta this evening well after dark, and the final job of the night we managed to do was re-align / adjust the bonnet reciever so that now the bonnet springs up on it's own and it's not a 2 man/circus act :D

Before we fiddled with moving the reciever slightly, we tried removing the old spring, only for it to come out and go flying into the hedge at a million miles an hour :ROFLMAO: Luckily we had a spare, and managed to remove the spring from than and eventually after alot of swearing, managed to refit it :)

Jon.

Back