hands up all those who love stoneacre!

Currently reading:
hands up all those who love stoneacre!

does stoneacre impress you?

• Total voters
This can't end well:(

My experience with dealers in general, not just Fiat, has not been good, get the feeling they are more interested in taking your money than doing a good job.

I've never heard a believable justification for charging £65 per hour for labour when I can get the same work done elsewhere for a lot less. Having recently had a quote of £116 for a water bottle (that's the part only) for my Marea I'm not likely to go back to a dealer any time soon.

1997 Marea HLX 2.0 20V

ring us up and we will give you the proper price, unless it really is that price :O

01733 555670 - im off till monday but my colegue will help you!
remember let em know your a FF memeber

Discount!! whats that about a discount!!??!! :D

Look it up in your parts book, windscreen washer reservoir for a 1997 Marea HLX 2.0 20V, my local Fiat dealer said that'll be £116 please:yuck: I managed to find a used replacement through partsgateway.co.uk, cost £18 for the part and a total of £25 including p+p. Total cost after fitting £45.

If I had gone with the dealer the bill would probably have been around £150. I saved myself around £100 and deprived the dealer of £116.:D

1997 Marea HLX 2.0 20V saloon

Got one from the scrappies £10 fitting, no charge did it myself

Water bottle for Marea HLX is hard to find, it's shaped to fit tight into the drivers side body panel and curves around above the from wheel arch. I've also been told water bottles on Fiats are normally fitted on the other side of the engine compartment.

If you believe Fiat the part is not often asked for so they don't make many spare bottles for this car, thats why its so expensive. I would normally do a simple job like this myself but I didn't fancy moving the coolant expansion tank and what looked like metal brake pipes out of the way.

I'm not a mechanic.... sorry technician.:p

Just got home and stoneacre have left a message on the machine "hi just a courtesy call to let you know your annual service is now due, please call us and we can arrange a priority booking" :p :rolleyes:

When H gets home tonight I will tell him he should call then and let them know why he wont be getting a service from there again!

Priority booking my arse :shakehead

Stoneacre Bob came on here and caused mayhem, so it was decided that the thread he hijacked and ruined be deleted to restore decorum.

The idea of deleting the thread was, one, so that Bob and other members stopped the silly bickering and two that a new Stoneacre thread would maybe start in a more positive light, this thread is a continuation of the one that was deleted, not good.........................

My two penneth in brief:

Stoneacre will never give the Customer Service you expect because they are ultimately a 'stack em high and sell em cheap' outfit. They promote cheaply weekly remember, so they are aiming at they 'povs' market. They also push used car sales more than new car sales. They've never held a premier/prestige brand, here they've held Suzuki/Seat/Fiat, says it all really, cheap, budget brands. They are a big outfit, so it's not controlled like a tight family outfit, they are all over the place, high staff turnaround, quantity not quality is their policy as I would imagine is maximum profits, minimum outlay.

It's not their fault, that's what they do, if Fiat cared they wouldn't have given them the franchise and they'd have given it to someone who cares. Maybe that'd cost more money.

In the meantime keep filling out your JD Power surveys until Fiat listen!

Stoneacre Bob came on here and caused mayhem, so it was decided that the thread he hijacked and ruined be deleted to restore decorum.

The idea of deleting the thread was, one, so that Bob and other members stopped the silly bickering and two that a new Stoneacre thread would maybe start in a more positive light, this thread is a continuation of the one that was deleted, not good.........................

that bit was pointless because the rest just added fuel to the fire lol

Is there a new post up yet?

Back