Technical handbrake cable problems

Currently reading:
Technical handbrake cable problems

littlephil

hello all, How easy is it to change a busted handbrake cable? the one on my drivers side (UK) has just gone this morning. And has anyone got one floating around their garage/shed/mums house i can have cheap? I'm being made redundant next week :-(

Thanks all.

Hey Phil
I've got one, dunno how easy it is to fit tho, you can have it for postage if you want it

Should probably mention that it's a used cable, looks to be in good condition tho

Cheers
Neojames2k

The whole handbrake level assembly can be slid backward in the cabin (4 bolts iirc) which releases much of the tension and gives you the slack to remove the cable but you also have the fun and games of getting the cable on/off the handbrake itself which requries patience, strength and a ready supply of bandaids.

Bandaid?! your from Manchester its a plaster Jimbro ;-)

Thats great, how do i get access to the bit under the car and attach it there? is there a plate i can unbolt or do i have to do it through that pissy little window?

cheers all

Dredging my memory a bit here but I think it is that little window, just peel the gator back on the handbrake lever and you can get to most of the necessary gubbins inside.

If I'd said plaster a good chunk of people wouldn't necessarily have a clue what I was talking about - besides can you imagine someone trying to cake the mechanism in plaster? :devil:

Back