H1 led headlights

Currently reading:
H1 led headlights

O

orangebravo

anyone of you guys tried these out as driving/main beam lights instead of the normal H1's?there's plenty for sale on ebay,but i need to know what the output is like in them first. ebay sells some as fog lights, but i wonder is the beam would be strong enough for normal night driving. i've already got led's as my side lights(w5W), and the bright white H1 as driving/main beam. but i want the whitest i can get, without going to the expense of HID's.cheers.

Are you serious? You'll have more output from a candle.

Just buy some HIDs as they're fairly cheap now. Under £50.

ACtually, i work in the bike(pushbike) industry. LED's have now surpassed HID's in terms of power output, you can get around 600lumens from a single HID bulb, but they are not selling 700+lumen LED lights. Don't know if that helps but if the technology has come on like the pushbike industry then they and deffinately worth it. (some of the lights i sell are nearly £1k though ...)

Sig.jpg

i looked into this a while ago and brought some but the bulbs didnt fit due to the small hole where the standard bulb fits the lights the led bulbs are much larger at the bulb end so don't actually fit in the holes but yes they are bright but not sure how bright at night i was going to fit them in my fogs and mainbeam as i have hids in my dipped so i would get all pure white lights at the front but they dint fit and i didnt want to cut the holes any larger to make them fit

hope this helps

ANDY

02 marea weekend 100sx
current mileage: 49500
Bigger is
much better

JAN10-1-1.jpg

Another mot done 5 mots and no advisories the old girl is looking good

500 miles and still just over a quarter of a tank left
Check out my Members Page for a list of the full mods

http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/members/367andykent.htm

Cheers guys.maybe i'll try them in my fogs.thanks

LED's struggle to give a perfect 180 degree of light and the H1 led bulbs i've seen on ebay have the LEDs to the sides of the bulb, i'm sure your going to struggle to get much forward light out of the Bravo lense to compete with a cheap halogen never mind a HID.

I admit LEDs are blindingly bright, just look at some of the DRL fitted on Audi's. The problem is that they cannot be focused correctly to compete with a halogen or HID, unless its a torch (direct forward light) using magnification lenses. A car headlamp shines not only forward but also spread out (wide). LEDs maybe good for spot lamps though.

Wouldn't bother with foglights either.

The first LED headlamps are on a Lexus LS600H, the dipped beam is provided by several LED projector style lamps, main beam is provided by a xenon light.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1027394_a-look-at-the-new-led-headlights-on-the-lexus-ls600h

So as the previous anon said, the output you'd get from one of those Ebay H1 bulbs will probably give you enough light output as you'd get from a candle on a Bravo or any other headlamp. :)

You need special lamps to work with LED headlights. In this case 3 of them , specifically angled to spread and project the light.

Save your money!
Patented slimline ballast 60% thinner
Professional quality
3 year warranty

The colour temp will not get you past an MOT or plod.
Ballasts are hardly suitcase-like.
What is professional about headlights?
If the bulbs and ballasts are 3 years cover i'd be very surprised.

Assuming you have projector headlights, save a little more and buy a set from hids4u.co.uk.
6000K should be fine.