General gt wheels......

Currently reading:
General gt wheels......

OxO

right im getting myself some gt wheels this weekend but i have 2 questions i need answering. i have used the search function but i cant find the thread i was looking at the other day that told me what i needed know(i forgot what it said :( )

right here they are:

1) what spacers will i need on the front and back. i have a sei sporting 2001

2) also would the standard tyre size off a gt fit on my sei?

im buying the GT wheels as i need 2 new tyres on my standard sei alloys and my mot is in 3 weeks.

cheers

OxO

15mm spacers puts the middle of the wheel in the same place as the stock tyres but on my -60mm Cinq I use 10mm at the front to stop the wheels scrubbing on the front of the arch liner while cornering hard. On my -20mm Sei 15mm spacers all round are fine w/out any scrubbing.

15mm spacers puts the middle of the wheel in the same place as the stock tyres

No it does not.

I will write this again.

Cinq sporting has 13" wheels 5.5J ET(off-set) 30.5; but they have 3mm spacers on the front which makes the corrected front ET of 27.5

Sei Sportings have 13" wheels 5.5J ET 27 no spacers.

Sei Abarths have 14" wheels 5.5J ET 36; but with 10mm spacers on the front which makes the corrected ET 26.

Punto GT wheels are 14" 5.5J ET 45; therefore to replicate (or as near dammit) the ET of the 14" wheels as fitted by Fiat on the Abarth models you need to fit 10mm spacers on the rear, corrected ET is then 35 and 20mm spacers on the front making corrected ET 25.

I am sure that Fiat knew what they were doing with the ET and hence the addition of spacers and different ET on different sized wheels. This set up means you have the least possible chance of getting rubbing on either the front of the back, plus the bonus of addition track width on the front improving turn in and stability.

If you change the width of the wheel then the ET also changes, again this has been covered many times.

Aaron,

Do you always write it out again or do you copy and paste from a previous thread? :D

Aaron,

Do you always write it out again or do you copy and paste from a previous thread? :D

LOL, yeah I keep writing it out, maybe the 25 different ways I have written it will mean that when someone uses the SEARCH or looks at FAQ at least one version comes up :D

Oh and I have written it in all three sections of Cinq/Sei bit so no excuses.

so i need 20mm on the front and 10 on the back.... all this ET and offset just confuses me :confused:

also where can i order the correct spacers from? also the longer bolts?

Well I've just put 21mm spacers in total (15+6mm) and the rim is sitting at good 2 or 3 mm outside the arch. So unless Tarox discs use thicker hub mountings 20mm spacers won't work.

Well I've just put 21mm spacers in total (15+6mm) and the rim is sitting at good 2 or 3 mm outside the arch. So unless Tarox discs use thicker hub mountings 20mm spacers won't work.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I ran 30mm FK Automotive spacers with Punto GT wheels on my Cinq which was extreme but still worked and that was with ET 15 and they still didn't stick out of the wheel arch, I ran this front and back, heavy scrubbing in back with 4 up, looked ace though.

In fact if you have Mase's old Cinq then those are my old wheels as he bought them from me as I didn't like them on the Imola Cinq. I also had Punto GT brake set up and it does not affect the spacing of the wheel, if a brake disc changed it that much the standard wheel bolts would be too short and render the car dangerous as there would be too little thread holding wheel on.

I will say again the ET is stamped on the rim go and look, its 45, Abarth wheels again stamped on the rim is 36 and has 10mm spacers on the front ONLY, therefore 20mm spacers on GT wheels makes a difference of 1mm.

Back