Tuning GSR Induction Kit - Punto 1.2 8v

Currently reading:
Tuning GSR Induction Kit - Punto 1.2 8v

I have a 1.2 8V Punto Active MK2 and was wondering about an induction kit.

Just wondering:

- Is this the correct kit for my car - [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]1.2 8v Mk2[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]F39i

[/FONT]- Does this count as modifying your car engine (or whatever) and will you need to notify your insurance company and they will put up the price of your insurance?
- Did you buy it online and get someone from GSR to fit it or did you do it all through a GSR store or did you buy it online and fit it yourself?

- Overall, how much did it all cost?

Sorry for all the q's, just want some info on this induction kit (y)

Hi I actually replied in your thread. Don't know if you read it. (y)
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]1.2 8v Mk2[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]F39i is correct[/FONT] if you have a mk2 with 8 valves!
You will have to declare it, some companies won't mind, some might not cover you though. Always best to ring up and ask before purchasing anything I reckon :D

Hi I actually replied in your thread. Don't know if you read it. (y)
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]1.2 8v Mk2[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]F39i is correct[/FONT] if you have a mk2 with 8 valves!
You will have to declare it, some companies won't mind, some might not cover you though. Always best to ring up and ask before purchasing anything I reckon :D

Cheers m8 yeh read that, just still wasn't sure about the insurance side of things :rolleyes:

Best just to contact GSR and order from them directly, you think?

What about smokeys???

SmokeyJoes new car is an active I think, thats 16V wait for him to answer.

Sorry, I tend to not read these induction kit threads as they are mostly just flame wars, people giving incorrect information, people pursuading me to part with my money :)D) and I have read it all before.

As for my new car it is a mk2B Active Sport 1.2 16v, not a mk2.

Havn't read the whole thread yet so apologies for breaking up the topic.

EDIT: Ok now I have read the thread, and I want a GSR and a Remap.......I hate these threads :D

Is the RR day held every year?

And my view on the 1.2 8v engine is.......I don't see the point in modding it with parts as expensive as the GSR. Yes you will get gains and yes you will love the improved sound and yes its your car and money so you can do what you like with it....

....however your never going to see mega power out of it and its most likely that its your 1st car so prices are steep like insurance etc.....without mods to declare. You will undoubtably sell it soon anyway for something faster as most people do and you won't get the money back that you have spent on it. And although most of you say "I don't have the money for a new car so I want to do this one up" Well I had a mk2 1.2 8v and had no money for a new car, I just did little cosmetic mods, saved money by not spending hundreds on engine mods and now I have a:
53 plate mk2b 1.2 16v Active Sport that cost £10,000 new, has all of the optional extras except air con (but has a sunroof so that equals it out), it only has 15k on the clock (GENUINE), The interior is like new and it only cost my £2200. The only problem with it is it had a minor knock on the front and the bumper was replaced with a standard active one and painted yellow. However it still works out a cheap car.

Goes to show what happens if you save your money instead of blowing it on 4-5bhp gains.

And Matt before you say anything about me never having a GSR on a 8v, no I didn't but this is a public forum, its my opionion(y)

Last edited:
Back