grrrr Coil Pack explosion

Currently reading:
grrrr Coil Pack explosion

P

Pfoe

Lol as the overexaggerated title suggests my coil pack packed in on way to work today (doh).
Anyway when the rac turned up they told me to tow it it would cost an extra £300 cos its modified!! how rude!
aalllssoo does anyone know of a punto gt engine going in the south or where i can source one? (no abuse for the choice of engine please)

pfoesavatar.jpg

My ignition coil exploded in my brava...

My wife was driving our Brava 1.8 ELX when something happened and the engine started making some horrible noises and lost all its performance.
What had happened was that one the ignition coils had exploded, and completely disintegrated, with just the top bit left, the block bit the sticks out over the top of the engine casing. In turn this had caused the spark plug to also explode and disintegrate there was just the top of that left and a mishapen lump of greyt metal
I tried to replace the spark plug and coil but the car wouldn't work, properly. In fact the spark plug would only screw down three rotations of the spanner, instead of the 14 rotations I counted on all the other plugs. So I think it must have removed the spark plug thread on the enging casing.
There was no compression in the chamber so I have given up. I will post some photos here to show what happened.
Is it possible that the cambelt went and caused a head or something to hit the the spark plug and it to fly up into the coil?