Grande Punto sound system overhaul. Advice needed!

Currently reading:
Grande Punto sound system overhaul. Advice needed!

Playbahnosh

Hello!

My front left speaker croaked a week ago (crackling, wobbling, heavy distortion, even at medium volumes). I already planned on upgrading the sound system sometime this year, but it seems my timetable just changed. I have the built-in factory CD player and steering wheel controls, but it's half-past the future already, so it's way past time to upgrade this relic. :slayer:

I was thinking about BT, USB connector, MP3 capability and GPS navigation, everything a sensible modern car would need.(y)

For the speaker upgrade I was considering getting one of those upgrade packages off ebay. I found one with a set of Pioneer TS-G1722i speakers plus adapter pods. This set has no tweeters, so maybe I should continue looking. Of course if I upgrade the front, I'll upgrade the back ones too, only natural. Any advise for a good mid-range speaker kit? :confused:

For the headunit, I was thinking about getting one of those flashy flip-up touchscreen ones. I know it's silly, and most of them are garbage, but I like the design. Since only 1-DIN units fit (although one would think with a dash this enormous there would be more DIN real-estate but whatever), so I cannot fit those flashy tablet ones. But a flip-screen would be nice. I can even ditch the CD/DVD functionality if it can play MP3 and BT-stream at a sensible quality. Of course the main concern is still the GPS navigation. MY phone is actually and old junker, my ancient scavanged iGO dies after about 4 minutes of navigation, so I was thinking about actually putting the navi where it belongs: in the car! As I checked, a lot of these HUs with built in GPS have incredibly lackluster support, and as I live in Hungary, I can hardly get by with 2-year-old USA/Mexico maps. I need one with upgradable maps. For this reason, I was thinking about getting a HU with Android on it, but those cost a veritable fortune....unless I missed the good ones. Any tips on some good mid-range HU's with USB/MP3 and GPS? I would even begrudgingly forego the flip-up touchscreen if the HU itself works good.

Please? :confused:

Back