Punto to Mongolia - partially cropped.jpg

Grande Punto Grande Punto - endurance tested (hopefully not to death)

Introduction

Hi all

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce our Grande Punto.

We (me, my wife and our mate PJ) are doing the Mongol Rally this year, so we're driving from Dublin to Ulan Bator, Mongolia, for charity. Being a bit of a Fiat fan already (I've had a 1972 Fiat 500L for several years and I love her dearly!) we thought a 2006 GP was pretty much ideal for the trip. I've been driving around Dublin for the past few weeks, and I have to say, it is a damn nice car....

There's details of the trip and photos of the car on transcontinental.ie, so do check us out, like us on Facebook facebook.com/TranscontinentalExpress, follow us on Twitter @TransConExpress, or if you're feeling flush, donate some cash to the Bone Marrow For Leukaemia Trust in Ireland or the Lotus Children's Center in Mongolia (links on the website above).

Sorry for not posting URLs, the forum won't let newbies post them, so you'll have to copy and paste, I'm afraid. Typing transcontinental.ie into your browser address field is all you need to do :)

We'll be posting lots of updates once we launch on 13 July, so do feel free to log in if anyone is interested in the long term survival prospects of a Grande Punto on some of the worst roads Central Asia has to offer....

Cheers

Cian
Looks like the trip of a lifetime! Hope its possible to get fiat spares should you need them.

Back