Grande Punto Grande Punto - Driver Door Lock Damaged - Advice required please?

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Grande Punto - Driver Door Lock Damaged - Advice required please?

allanwinn80

Good evening all.

Recently someone decided to use a screwdriver to knock the driver side lock into the door panel in order to gain entry to steal our child’s buggy. Pfffff. The car is a 2009 Grande Punto. The key for the ignition/central locking still works allowing access, but the cylinder is still hanging in the door panel.

I’m assuming with it being the same key/fob for locking/ignition that it will be an expensive fix to have the lot replaced.

I’d be happy to simply replace the door lock and continue using the key fob for access/ignition.

Is this possible and if so, what parts would I need and who do I approach for the job? Garage or locksmith etc?

Thank you in advance.

Good evening all.

Recently someone decided to use a screwdriver to knock the driver side lock into the door panel in order to gain entry to steal our child’s buggy. Pfffff. The car is a 2009 Grande Punto. The key for the ignition/central locking still works allowing access, but the cylinder is still hanging in the door panel.

I’m assuming with it being the same key/fob for locking/ignition that it will be an expensive fix to have the lot replaced.

I’d be happy to simply replace the door lock and continue using the key fob for access/ignition.

Is this possible and if so, what parts would I need and who do I approach for the job? Garage or locksmith etc?

Thank you in advance.
Hello,
You need a garage as the door panel will need repair, the inner panel removing to refit lock .

A lock smith is unlikely to get involved with this. Garages are familiar with this work and can advise you.

You may be lucky and the lock that is now inside the door may not be so damaged that it no longer works.
Good luck

Jack.

Last edited:
Back