20200429_140756.jpg

Grande Punto Grande Punto 1.9 Multijet Sporting

Introduction

Hello!

Newbie here, just picked up my second Grande Punto, this is the 1.9 multijet.

having trouble trying to get the aux working with this blue&me nonsense.

not a tonne of mods:

previous owner got it remapped, pretty sus that it was only £70? but it drives well enough
rear tints
possibly got the alloys powdercoated?

Not got much plans for the car, i'll try to get a new stereo if i can't get my head round this one.
i'll get the lights smoked out at somepoint when the shops open up again!
and ofc some wind deflectors ?

overall im so happy with it for the price i paid, not seen much in this colour and its pretty low miles for the year at 70k.
Blue and Me does not support aux for music in this car. You can patch round it but there's lots of information on the forum about that.

Blue and Me does not support aux for music in this car. You can patch round it but there's lots of information on the forum about that.

i spent hours yesterday searching on here, the second to last owner has installed an AUX behind the HU but im guessing he used the silent song memory card trick?

i spent hours yesterday searching on here, the second to last owner has installed an AUX behind the HU but im guessing he used the silent song memory card trick?

As I understand (never did it myself), the trick consists in having the B&M playing a silent MP3 file, AND injecting another "populated" MP3 file in (or in lieu of) the junction cable between the B&M and the radio ... ?

I'd rather add the little and cheap FM emitter plug in the cigaret lighter socket ...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Last edited:
Managed to get the aux working mate. Theres two plugs that have an aux replacing the B&M system and you can put any memory stick in the USB socket and it seems to be working!

Just need some speakers now as the back ones are burst. Anyone know the best RMS wattage to replace all 4 ?

Bernie, I understand wanting to help people with the aux problem but some people really don't want an fm transmitter and are after a more oem kind of thing.

Teirminator;4531265 said:
Bernie, I understand wanting to help people with the aux problem ...

I personnaly find that solution is cheap and useful; does what it says (transmit music to ANY fm channel), isn't dedicated to ONE car, and even provide USB charging port !
So proposed it as a solution to the OP ... Though I must admit cost is very high: 2,19€, free delivery !!

... but some people really don't want an fm transmitter ...

Well, up to anybody to try to get what they want how they want it ;-)

... and are after a more oem kind of thing.

IMHO, picking an existing cable and playing a "silent" file is not that elegant nor OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), but it's just my opinion ...

And for those who don't have a cigaret lighter plug but get an older (radio) car, here's what they'd need ...

BRs, Bernie

Attachments

• Aux adapter.jpg
    Aux adapter.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 35
Mine is connected to a Bluetooth dongle so is in fact seamless. I get in the car, turn on the ignition and the phone connects, that's pretty OEM to me

Mine is connected to a Bluetooth dongle so is in fact seamless. I get in the car, turn on the ignition and the phone connects, that's pretty OEM to me

Can you develop this BT dongle thingy ?

BRs, Bernie.

Ah ok, that thingy ... Sadly it needs an USB port WITH POWER (which they 're not all !) and an Aux input jack. Got a few @ home too and must admit they work perfect if above requirements are met. There's another version (3,5€) with Tx/Rx switch that can be used for BT headset, they might even communicate to each other, though never tryed it...

BRs, Bernie

By nature all USB ports are powered with 5 V it's a standard, if you're meaning a high current USB port then this does not require it as mine works just fine. I deal with all these standards in my day to day job

Back