General Gran Finale Side Trim Removal.

Currently reading:
General Gran Finale Side Trim Removal.

brigguscoop

Hi guys,

The Gran Finale may be going in for a bit of paint soon so I need to remove the plastic side trims form the doors and front wing. Do they slide off, pull off or are they held on from inside the door.

Any help appreciated as I don't want to cause any damage taking them off.

Thanks.

Hi,
They slide towards the back of the car, first remove front wheel arch liners there is a small hex head screw holding trim, remove that and it will slide back, If I remember correctly the door trim is the same.
T

Thanks for the info. Its so tempting not to put them back on as they spoil the look of the car. Maybe I'll leave that until de-bumpering time.

Maybe so but you have lots of "buttons" on the body that hold the trim on, not worth taking all those off and metal filling all the holes. Anyway its not as if they were put on afterwards, they are original spec on that model!.
:D

I know what you're saying but I really think all the cladding and big bumpers spoilt the pretty shape underneath. However, I think the Gran Finale is a very smart looking X1/9 just not pretty. I've been debating whether to debumper and remove all the plastic trim for the 12 years I've now owned the car but something keeps stopping me.

Back