General GPS interior trim question

Currently reading:
General GPS interior trim question

focus

Hi

The plastic that sits either side of the dash isn't sat properly on the drivers side. It is pushing the A pillar trim out slightly, as the car is due for an MOT soon that I was thinking of getting done at a dealer I was going to ask them to have a look.

Also the top vent trim on the dash is distorted. I know this is a common problem but has anyone paid to get this fixed rather than have it done under warranty?

As the car is in the final year of warranty I will have to pay for these issues fixing so was wondering if these are likely to be a big (expensive) jobs? Just like to be prepared for what the dealer says so it isn't a big shock.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi

The plastic that sits either side of the dash isn't sat properly on the drivers side. It is pushing the A pillar trim out slightly, as the car is due for an MOT soon that I was thinking of getting done at a dealer I was going to ask them to have a look.

Also the top vent trim on the dash is distorted. I know this is a common problem but has anyone paid to get this fixed rather than have it done under warranty?

As the car is in the final year of warranty I will have to pay for these issues fixing so was wondering if these are likely to be a big (expensive) jobs? Just like to be prepared for what the dealer says so it isn't a big shock.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I must of had about 6 replacement vents at the top of the dash were the air flows through.
I cant see how paying or under warranty would be different. All they do is put the new trim in & glue it. Its just your luck if its sticks or not. Mine is nearly sitting right now. Just one of these many problems you have to put up with.
But then again, the car is about to be wrote off so Im not that fused about a bit of trim :(
I had mine in the garage for a few things in its 3rd year warranty & wasnt charged a penny. I had the trim re done, a new sump & a few new seals on the diff & gear linkage. All under warranty. I was due to go back in a few weeks to get the front anti roll bar changed as it kept coming lose & rattling, but guess I wont need to bother now :(

Good luck! & Dont pay :)

Back