General GP undertay

Currently reading:
General GP undertay

reprobate

Can someone tell me if the GP has an undertay? My car was bought second hand so I have very little idea of it`s previous life. Since my local dealer has just closed down,my nearest now will be 95 miles away in Liverpool,so I just can`t just drive down and ask. I`ve had look underneath,and there seems to be screw holes where a tray might fit. There is a small plastic piece in place which seems designed to protect the timing belt, but that`s about it.
Any help will be wellcome.

Can someone tell me if the GP has an undertay? My car was bought second hand so I have very little idea of it`s previous life. Since my local dealer has just closed down,my nearest now will be 95 miles away in Liverpool,so I just can`t just drive down and ask. I`ve had look underneath,and there seems to be screw holes where a tray might fit. There is a small plastic piece in place which seems designed to protect the timing belt, but that`s about it.
Any help will be wellcome.
yeah it has a large one at that i had mines come off at speed several times it was put back on and was replaced by a new one eventually.my brother works for snapon tools and visits a lot of garages he said a lot of the time mechanics dont bother putting them back on after they have been in for repair.....?i am not saying that applys to all garages but there is some truth in what he says

Thanks for that Jassyo. I thought as much. When I had the Coupe a lot of the lads took them off as they were a massive bother to put back. I think I might fabricate one from some stiff plastic or aluminium. There seems to be a lot of crud thrown up into the engine bay without one. To my mind,it`s only the bit between the trailing edge of the front valance and the engine that needs protection. As mentioned before,nearest dealer is now 90 miles away in Liverpool. I have e-mailed Fiat asking if they intend to get a new agent in the area,(N.Wales) but did not receive a satisfactory reply-just waffle. Any idea how much a new one would cost?

its known as the engine undergaurd.had a look at the invoice from the bodyshop my car was repaired with they renewed it.but it dont say how much it was.i would say anywhere between £50 -70.no more no less.phone any fiat parts department they will give you a price over the phone even order it for you over then just collect it.but to fit yourself you will need the car on jacks as you doubt know....(y)

Yes,and so much cheaper to run than the coupe!
Had a good look today,I think it`s quite easy to cut a piece of strong plastic to fit. A local DIY shop sells transparent flexible plastic that might be ideal.I will ring Fiat at Wrexham tomorrow to get a price. I could get it delivered cheaper than it would cost to fetch it. If it`s £50 or thereabouts I might get a proper one from Fiat. I will post the price on the forum. Anyway,thanks for your help

Well,phoned my not so local Fiat dealer in Wrexham,and surprise,surprise the undertray/engine underguard costs £25 plus vat,which makes it a few pence shy of £30. As an ex Coupe man I suffer from timing belt paranoia, so anything that helps protect this will be put in place.
I think that price is quite reasonable,it will certanly give me peace of mind.

Well,phoned my not so local Fiat dealer in Wrexham,and surprise,surprise the undertray/engine underguard costs £25 plus vat,which makes it a few pence shy of £30. As an ex Coupe man I suffer from timing belt paranoia, so anything that helps protect this will be put in place.
I think that price is quite reasonable,it will certanly give me peace of mind.
£30 thats very good hope you put it on well enough it can come off at high speed............;)

Back