500 got mine today

Currently reading:
500 got mine today

so you are going to remap an engine which hasnt been ran in?

nice car though

yes have it done all the time no waiting till warrantys up to long for that:D

hopefully friday or saturday it be done (y)

not clever... i hope its got a thousand miles at least on it.....

ah well, you will have probably sold it before engine problems show up (if anything):rolleyes:

how many vehicles have you had remapped ?

got a fleet of 15 all together and remap is not a problem its a urban myth
10 of these are remapped and done in the first 1000 miles and no problems to date with mapping some of them are in 70-80 k and not even smoking which is a sign off a bad mapper ;)

I'm a bit oldschool when it comes to engine tuning and in pre ECU days have resorted to boring out, head skimming, faster cams, lightening and balancing , 4 into 1 manifolds, rejetting carbs etc. All physical, expensive and time consuming, but logical.
Now we have the magic pill that is remapping. For a couple of hundred quid you can go from 75BHP to 100BHP, get a smoother delivery,and maintain the economy. As nothing physical is being altered, am I right in assuming that the only things being changed are air/fuel mixture and ignition timing? What's the downside. Is it emissions, because there surely has to be one otherwise manufacturers who I take it know a thing or two about engine mapping would have a simple method of offering you another version of the same car.

Back