General good lord!!!

Currently reading:
General good lord!!!

woody16

so, had this doblo on for 2 weeks now as a taxi, how are the general public so stupid that they cant open the doors from the inside ? ( i seen the other thread on this but was from 2007), had a woman in the car the other day riving the door off its hinges i said "pull the trigger"she pressed the red button :mad:" no pull the trigger that's in the handle ffs" pressed the red button again:mad:, i leaned over & said " there, that white trigger" ( bearing in mind after the first week on as a taxi i promptly covered the trigger in white leccy tape, didn't make any difference tbh though ), she then shut the door on her finger, now this is the best bit :D , so we continued driving & i said" your finger ok then " she replied " oh !! don't worry im not gonna claim" , i said" how can you put a claim in because you cant shut a door" she replied , " i know it was my fault, you know it was my fault, but the courts don't " soooo, i said " correction, you know it was your fault, i know it was your fault, my in car cctv could hear & see it was your fault !! " :D:D, she was ok anyway but these people are thick , although i must say if i had 40 punters over the fri/sat night, 36 of them couldn't open the door, its a huge issue with this car & thick/drunk people, any solutions as white tape does not work??

Last edited:
agree mate, just go for the "button" naturally, even when i say pull the WHITE trigger, they still press the red button , its unreal tbh , huge design flaw in this vehicle , the red should be the release & trigger to lock, wonder if it could be modified ?

You'll want to be careful with that. UK courts have a strange habit of siding with women in spite of often irrefutable evidence presented in defence of a male defendant. Couldn't have a woman with hurt feelings now, could we? lol.

agree mate, just go for the "button" naturally, even when i say pull the WHITE trigger, they still press the red button , its unreal tbh , huge design flaw in this vehicle , the red should be the release & trigger to lock, wonder if it could be modified ?

Surely, as a taxi driver, you would get out of the car and open the door for a lady . . . .

Not an ideal solution, but you could try buying a remote central locking set (about £30 from fleabay). Put the locking solenoid onto the door latch mechanism inside the door. Wire left and right the opposite way round, so (say) unlock for right door, and lock for the left door. Solenoid's may not be up to the job though, depending on how much leverage the latch takes. It would be a PITA to wire too.

Mike

Otherwise, take the rear door handle apart and remove the red locking button - central locking will still work, and your passengers will be less confused!

Mike

Surely, as a taxi driver, you would get out of the car and open the door for a lady . . . .

Not an ideal solution, but you could try buying a remote central locking set (about £30 from fleabay). Put the locking solenoid onto the door latch mechanism inside the door. Wire left and right the opposite way round, so (say) unlock for right door, and lock for the left door. Solenoid's may not be up to the job though, depending on how much leverage the latch takes. It would be a PITA to wire too.

Mike
:ROFLMAO:

Otherwise, take the rear door handle apart and remove the red locking button - central locking will still work, and your passengers will be less confused!

Mike

might be a good option mate, another fri/sat night shifts over, exact same issue :bang: tbh its causing a bit of a problem now , when i start my first shift on a fri night its , " just pull the trigger inside the handle" by sat night its " just pull the bleeping trigger in the bleeping handle you stupid bleeping bleep for bleeps sake :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
might be a good option mate, another fri/sat night shifts over, exact same issue :bang: tbh its causing a bit of a problem now , when i start my first shift on a fri night its , " just pull the trigger inside the handle" by sat night its " just pull the bleeping trigger in the bleeping handle you stupid bleeping bleep for bleeps sake :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

got a photo of the button..??

maybe put something around it..

:idea:like a print of a cat's head, pull the cat's tongue :D

dont think the council would agree with me "blanking" off the locks mate lol

Back