good game, good game :D

Currently reading:
good game, good game :D

just thought i'd share this with you lot, in absence of playing round with land rovers on the farm as my friend is away at uni. i thought to look for an offroad simulator of some kind (i was bored ok!) but anyway came across a demo for a new game which unfortunately hasn't yet been released here yet.

the game is called Motorm4x http://easyco-games.com/ the graphics are pretty good and physics are fairly good, though grip is sometimes a bit too much. the demo is available from most file download sites.

it's really satisfying though to see a huge rocky hill in the distance and carefully climb up it till you're perched on top of it:slayer:

it also has three races as well as a free roam mode, one of them a long distance one across fairly easy terrain, one is a surprisingly difficult rock climb which despite being labelled as easy is pretty hard, and the last one is a formula event with a 1000bhp buggy which you've got to get to the top of the slope 5 times, without over heating the engine!

it needs a reasonably good PC to play, if your pc isn't good enough it'll load up the options screen but crash before loading up the playable part.

it's been released in mainland Europe and Australia and is reasonably priced at around £10 or so. should be released here soon. i'll pop up some screen shots of my own later.

i'd give the demo a rating of 7/10 as i'm beginning to get bored of it a bit, but the full game looks a lot better.

Sounds cool, especially at a tenner. Can't be as satisfying as the real thing though. :p

sadly not(n) still pretty good, hasn't been released in UK yet but the rest of the world has it priced at about £10. Steering wheel and pedals are great with it, love the sound of the diesel, rough and agricultural sounding! try the demo, although it's quite a big file at aprox. 500mb! but still it's fun:slayer:

Sounds like my old fave screamer 4x4...which despite name was a realistic off road sim, if you did well you unlocked proper parts for your vehicle...e.g. if you had a landy you could start with the small petrol engine, then get a V8 then a big bore V8, also diff locks both manual and automatic. I ended up with a G wagen with the merc s class v12 in it G500!

well got impatient and ordered it off of amazon.de! bit difficult to understand (mein deutsch ist nicht sehr gut!) but armed with a german dictionary to cover the things it brings up to tell you to do as part of a tutorial sort of thing, but getting onto the gameplay itself is good:slayer: lives up to expectations so far!

Back