Technical Glow plugs/Turbo

Currently reading:
Technical Glow plugs/Turbo

I'm too cheap to replace those clips with jubilee clips so I just struggle and swear at them while using normal pliers to re clip them.

And I agree with Bill, if your mechanic is struggling with this even with instruction, I would be wary of their competence.

Hi all
Have a problem with warning light on dash "check glowplugs" so I looked at all the post on the forum and did learn a lot,so took my "Qubo 1.3 Mulitijet" to my local garage only to be told that to fit new glowplug he would need to take off the turbo and the work would be very expensive.

In all the posts I read there was no mention of taking off the turbo for assess to the plugs,anyone have any advise as to any other action can be taken before I need to go ahead with this work, can any test be done to make it clear that I have no alternative to renew these plugs.
Also any ideas what I may be charged for this work,when I heard him say very expensive,I was a bit surprised and took it no further.

Thanks
I've just came across this post as I was needing to change the glow plugs on our Qubo. I'd bought the plugs and looked at the engine and thought that's going to be tough, but after reading the detailed explanation I set to it this morning, I started at 11 and was tidying my tools away by 13:00 , it wasn't the easiest of jobs( mainly fiddly getting the plugs out once they'd been undone) but honestly not a £700 one either. I do most; if not all the work on our cars and my bikes so I've plenty of tools but anyone could take a shopping list to Halfords and just buy the basics and get this job done. I didn't fully remove the air filter box just undone the jubilee clip to the turbo and pulled off the air intake and disconnected the maf wiring lifted the box enough to get at the Allen bolts and then the three nuts for the other heat shield . Thankfully every plug came out undamaged there were 2 of 4 that were duff but I changed them all, I've kept to two that are still OK just in case. Thanks Portland Bill for the tips👍

Back