Technical Glow plug error

Currently reading:
Technical Glow plug error

MoleHole

Hi. My 2015 Ducato 2.3 multijet keeps displaying a 'check glow plugs' error when starting with a warm engine. Yesterday the EML came on with a 'check engine' message. Had this checked and it's a dpf issue. Does anyone know if the glow plugs are a necessary part of the dpf regeneration please? And if so any suggestions as to where I might get them replaced? Thanks

Hi. My 2015 Ducato 2.3 multijet keeps displaying a 'check glow plugs' error when starting with a warm engine. Yesterday the EML came on with a 'check engine' message. Had this checked and it's a dpf issue. Does anyone know if the glow plugs are a necessary part of the dpf regeneration please? And if so any suggestions as to where I might get them replaced? Thanks
On some vehicles if there is a fault in that side it can prevent Regen of DPF so may help if error codes stored are read by a diagnostic tool.
I recently bought a 2010 Fiat Scudo 2.litre with known faults ()this is the Peugeot engine version so may differ from your Fiat), however amongst the error codes stored were ones relating to the heater plug relay and also engine DPF errors, it turned out the actual fault was two heater plugs that had failed and once they were replaced and error codes deleted it has run with no codes or error lights showing.
Where I live the weather is quite mild so had no starting issues relating to the heater plug side.

On some vehicles if there is a fault in that side it can prevent Regen of DPF so may help if error codes stored are read by a diagnostic tool.
I recently bought a 2010 Fiat Scudo 2.litre with known faults ()this is the Peugeot engine version so may differ from your Fiat), however amongst the error codes stored were ones relating to the heater plug relay and also engine DPF errors, it turned out the actual fault was two heater plugs that had failed and once they were replaced and error codes deleted it has run with no codes or error lights showing.
Where I live the weather is quite mild so had no starting issues relating to the heater plug side.
Thanks for the info. I will get the glow plugs tested and replaced if needed and hopefully that will fix the dpf issue.

Back