Technical Giving the dog a bone?

Currently reading:
Technical Giving the dog a bone?

must be tell you something.

should run fine on E10,
Well it does, but it definitely has less power on E10 and I'm sure the economy is worse, sounds happier and has lots of pep with super unleaded yummyness. I never use supermarket petrol, and the quality brands like Shell likely contain more delicious detergents etc. I may soon run some injector cleaner through it.

The engine is running better the longer I have it, I thinks it's likely to have been town bound much of its life, whereas I use it for longer 50 - 70 miles dual carriageway trips every week, I think it's blown some rubbish out, and loves getting properly heated up, especially since I've replaced the thermostat.

I'm certain the judders are not a result of rough engine issues, it's happy and willing.

At the moment we are no further forward. We need to start to eliminate some possibilities
The engine is running better the longer I have it,
Doesn't sound right to me. They shouldn't get better. Modern engines don't get a build up of carbon. Even in town driving, if everything is as it should. There's no EGR on these engines either
It's an 06 plate 1.2, 82000 miles

The engine seems fine apart from a couple of seconds of valve train clatter when started from cold, I've serviced it along with new coil packs. It doesn't like E10 petrol so I run it on super stuff. It's nippy and willing.
Cant say I can tell much difference. Although I now have the later eco engine when E10 came in.

Hmm, it seems to me there is an awful lot of movement on this drivers side engine mount...🤔
looks normal, mine doesn't judder and has a 20mm gap

open the bonnet drive a few feet forward and jam on the brakes while someone watches the engine
. In less than two minutes we should know if the problem is the engine mounts. If its not we can move on.

Judder is normally not the clutch. Either the shaft from the gearbox is wobbling around (very common, test here https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/clutch-or-gearbox.486803/post-4592037 ) or an engine running fault.
15 seconds we would know if its the input shaft bearing has gone. If not we can move on

Back