getting rid of oxidation/fading on an old cinq?

Currently reading:
getting rid of oxidation/fading on an old cinq?

samjac68

Throttle happy...
hi all

just wondering, on my mates sei i went over it with t-cut to see how good it worked, was very impressed, color came out brilliant. i understand a bit about detailing and i read the thread on detailing world before using it...

my cinq has been abused with more sponges and left longer so its going to need something more? i dont want to fork out for a porta cable etc just want to restore the shine as best i can, would g3 compound then mer polish be ok?

the worse part is the driver door as the rear 1/4 has had a respray at some point and it sticks out like a sore thumb

cheers all

sam

I would say if you want to remove oxidation and aren't a complete fanatic to try and keep the paintwork swirl free then you can't go wrong with t-cut. An electric polisher will make it alot easier but avoid the useless 12v jobbies you find in some car care places if you decide you want to save some arm ache by buying one.

oops kinda forgot about this thread lol (cheers for the advice peeps(y))

went and got myself some cheap rubbing compound, used that along the right hand side, its a lot of hard work but worth it, its blended in the paint where the rub strips and reduced the look of scratches, and the fade...

then went over with tcut which brought the color out a bit better and used mer polish and its come up amazing, ill get some updated pics on my project thread soon(y)

sam:)

I've got Menz Final Finish II
Its a 3/10 cut polish, its light
It can very slowly remove swirls, and does give a nice shine :)

Poorboys Super Swirl Remover 2.5 (5/10 cut)
Is good again, needs alot of working, but that does claim to also remove oxidisation
Never had owt really bad to try it on....

Ziggy

Back