Styling genuine abarth kit parts?

Currently reading:
Styling genuine abarth kit parts?

project-cinqy

I was in my local scrappy (windley's in tattershall) this morning for some pressure caps, 50p each lol!! and I came across a new addition to the yard. its a broom yellow 97 cinq sporting (I Think) thats had a serious rear ender, but is wearing a genuine abarth kit! I know it's genuine as whats left of the rear bumper skirt has fiat/lancia moulded on.

The front bumper and drivers skirt are in great condition, could do with a respray, and the spoiler is well stuck on but looks perfect! Also has a racing wheel and boss, couldn't see what make the wheel was but i'll have a look next time i'm down. The spotlights are cracked but the wiring appears intact.

Unfortunately the bumper and passenger skirt are trash, shame really else I'd have them lol. Might take the spoiler though.

If anyone wants pics I can go and get them, and I'd be happy to take them off if anyone is interested.

Jon+Em

ok here are a few pics, I was in the yard today and checked, prices. £30-40 for the front splitter, skirt about 15-20. spoiler about the same.

Jon+Em

Attachments

• P1060001.JPG
    P1060001.JPG
    487.1 KB · Views: 50
  • P1060002.JPG
    P1060002.JPG
    582.1 KB · Views: 50
  • P1060003.JPG
    P1060003.JPG
    549.3 KB · Views: 24
  • P1060004.JPG
    P1060004.JPG
    428.9 KB · Views: 28
Poor little car, shame the rear is fecked thats the only bit i need to complete my kit which I got from rear ended one in Imola as well.

The tell tail tie raps are noticeable on the front spotlights as the glue that Fiat used to attach the (say it quietly) Ford spot lights is rubbish, I made up new brackets from mine and attached them properly to the bumper rather than just glue them on.

Aaron.

it also has yellow indicator lenses, and a rather cool yellow leather steering wheel. We might have the spoiler for when the cinq's been rebuilt (as a 1242 poss,) this summer.

Jon+Em

plus there are also several ornamental bumper gaskets that would prob cost about 50p! so if anyone wants one let me know.

where bout is this scrappy with the spolier?is it poss to spray red?any one help?

luke64 said:
where bout is this scrappy with the spolier?is it poss to spray red?any one help?

tattershall in lincolnshire. bout a mile from me, my postcode is LN4 4RW if you want to autoroute it.

It could be sprayed red, but I think Em has decided I'm to remove it tomorrow and store it for ours. Well, typical woman she said, and I quote;

"I'm not telling you to get it coz then it's my fault we have no money. If you decide to go get it it's up to you. Of course we could sell it on, or store it. Or just put it on whilst it's yellow coz then we'd have a patchwork cinq...."

:bang:

Unfortunately I don't have enough self control not to buy it :(

Jon+Em

Ps if anyone wants anything, Like I said I'm more than willing to take it off for you as long as you forward me the cash. If you pay postage i'll arrange it.

GhostWKD said:
Bad influence on me you know :eek: will give you a shout in a bit as to yay or nay lol :p need to work out some funding :p

Depends on whether other possible buyer says yay or nay, as someone beat you to it, but Your second on the list. Depends if he's willing to pay the extra for the fog's or not.

I'll pm you If he changes his mind!

Jon+Em

to be honest mate... i think youd be stupid not to get hold of them as soon as possible.

just to give u an idea of how much money there is to be made... in 2004 i sold a front bumper with abarth apron for £140, and a set of side skirts for £80, both genuine abarth bits, and middle of last year i let a genuine abarth spoiler go for £50.

thats a tidy profit on those bits!!! (y)

hi, does the yellow cinq abarth still have the steering wheel + boss? i think i can see it in one of the pics you posted. if so, how much could you get it for + p&p? i'm really keen on getting a new steering wheel asap, so this would be perfect!

cheers,
simon,
manchester

it does have the steering wheel and boss, Although I'm not sure how much they'll want for them!!

I am totally skint at the moment due to our new golf (poor cinq, we both feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo guilty for abandoning it!!!) If you haven't heard read This!

I can still get the parts but It'll be a while, unless we agree on a price based on a quote from them. I will check with them exactly how much for each Item, (the spoiler is available now as we don't need it!) and then I'll add my time (bout a fiver,) and postage and I'll get back to those who were interested. It will be 1st come 1st served obviously, so I'll keep you all posted!!

Jon+Em

project-cinqy said:
it does have the steering wheel and boss, Although I'm not sure how much they'll want for them!!

I am totally skint at the moment due to our new golf (poor cinq, we both feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo guilty for abandoning it!!!) If you haven't heard read This!

I can still get the parts but It'll be a while, unless we agree on a price based on a quote from them. I will check with them exactly how much for each Item, (the spoiler is available now as we don't need it!) and then I'll add my time (bout a fiver,) and postage and I'll get back to those who were interested. It will be 1st come 1st served obviously, so I'll keep you all posted!!

Jon+Em

hi, thanks. i don't know if the funky yellow abarth steering wheel will go with my red cinq, but i'm just keen adding a bit decor to the interior!! i do actually prefer the yellow abarth steering wheels, they look cool. when you get a price (with p&p and your time etc.) just let me know and i'll sort it out for you.

cheers,
simon

(the spoiler is available now as we don't need it!)

When you say its still available, do you mean you have it, or its still in the scrappy. I could be tempted, i'm not too far from you (Spalding), but colour is wrong. Are the parts moulded to colour, or were they all painted at the factory?

balidey said:
Are the parts moulded to colour, or were they all painted at the factory?

They are sprayed :)

Back