Technical gearbox 2.0 jtd oil fill queery

Currently reading:
Technical gearbox 2.0 jtd oil fill queery

capnlegs

hey peeps
just a quickie, do i fill my gearbox through the breather cap or through the reverse senser when removed, i been told both so not sure which one to choose lol. how much do i pour in also i was thinking a litre?
thanks for help
cheers peeps :)

hey peeps
just a quickie, do i fill my gearbox through the breather cap or through the reverse senser when removed, i been told both so not sure which one to choose lol. how much do i pour in also i was thinking a litre?
thanks for help
cheers peeps :)
The manual says breather cap, doesn't really matter I would use the one that is easiest to get at, according to my specs the 2.0JTD gearbox contains 2.1 litres & as there is no level indicator/plug you will have to measure the correct quantity.

Hi

I have a 2.8 non turbo 51 plate, having got various answers regarding how much oil, Fiat say 2.0L but other answers range between 2.4 to 2.7L, I put in 2.5L this has improved the gearchange and reduced noises.

I used a semi synthetic 75/90 oil and added it through the reversing switch position, this is on top of the gearbox and if you remove the intake pipe between the air filter and intake manifold it is surprisingly easy to get to.

I was not surprised but only drained out 1.5L so the gearbox was down a lot.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Back