Technical gear selector problem

Currently reading:
Technical gear selector problem

I think you will find you press /drive it in to the stop/lip, which usually means the bearing is fully supported around it's outer ring.
Remember to get a socket that just slides into the hole so that when pressed against the outer ring of the bearing it gives good support without jamming, never hit the middle area of the bearing as it will cause damage.
Have you checked the new bearing is an easy slide fit over the gearbox shaft that it supports?
yh bearing slides on nice and easy and now got it located ,, now for clutch , on the old one it was wrote gearbox side but new one has no marking to indicate which way , can I assume it is just the same as old one so the thicker side is gearbox side have included pics off old and new plate

yh bearing slides on nice and easy and now got it located ,, now for clutch , on the old one it was wrote gearbox side but new one has no marking to indicate which way , can I assume it is just the same as old one so the thicker side is gearbox side have included pics off old and new plate

Attachments

• 20221019_110214.jpg
    20221019_110214.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20221019_110207.jpg
    20221019_110207.jpg
    697.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240212_190529_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240212_190529_Samsung Internet.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20240212_190535_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240212_190535_Samsung Internet.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 21
Yes, sometimes it is written in German, but if you offer the centre plate up to the flywheel you can often see that it is held off if it is the wrong way around, but as you say usually the thicker part sits within the clutch pressure plate.
So generally I would say that in your last photo, that side that is visible should be against the flywheel.

Yes, sometimes it is written in German, but if you offer the centre plate up to the flywheel you can often see that it is held off if it is the wrong way around, but as you say usually the thicker part sits within the clutch pressure plate.
So generally I would say that in your last photo, that side that is visible should be against the flywheel.
Great just wanted to check would be gutted to find I'd put it wrong way and had to take off again

Great just wanted to check would be gutted to find I'd put it wrong way and had to take off again
Well that's it gearbox on hopefully ol never have to take it off again 🤞 ,, finally got it off the drive and for a bit off a drive just around the street and gears are selecting great now so thanks again for all your help and advice 😀,,, now on to the next job seems to be never ending lol got it back and now bloody coolant pipe is leaking it's the one that go's around the pully wheel front to back off engine so another nice easy job

Well that's it gearbox on hopefully ol never have to take it off again 🤞 ,, finally got it off the drive and for a bit off a drive just around the street and gears are selecting great now so thanks again for all your help and advice 😀,,, now on to the next job seems to be never ending lol got it back and now bloody coolant pipe is leaking it's the one that go's around the pully wheel front to back off engine so another nice easy job
Glad you have sorted it.:)
The two biggest investments most people are ever likely to make are their home and their vehicle, both need regular maintenance and repair to keep in good order.
The main difference is one goes down in value and hopefully the other goes up, or at least semi static.;)

Back