General gear linkage support assembly

Currently reading:
General gear linkage support assembly

chris 4x4

hi all, this is my first post to the forum, so just to let you know iv got me self a panda 4x4 as my first car!

right, my gear stick is badley floppey and iv narrowed it down to what i think is called the gear linkage support assembly.

basically im after new bushes or just the whole unit, unfortunatly iv had no luck trying to track either down, and wondered if any one has had any luck??
thanks in advance, chris

Have a look at this and tell me what part numbers you reckon you need and I can give you up to date pricing. Will be several times more than this 2005 listing. You could spend quite a while trying to find a good second hand one as a "floppy gearstick" is subjective and they are not great from new.

hi and thanks for your quick reply :)
here are the 2 part numbers that highlighed when i clicked on the item, i believe im right in assuming that they are different for 2wd and 4wd? if so mine is the 4wd one.
thanks chris

The page I pointed you to is 4x4 only. Two parts numbers highlighted because the second one replaced the first as an improved part. Bad news is that the current price for 7652858 is £210. It is unique to 4x4 models. Might be worth tracking one second hand after all!

Lewey.
You eper page has me interested.
Do you know if item 18 on that page, Protection Cover Pt. 7602682 is still available and if it is what is the price.
It is the rubber cover for underneath the car
Dave

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Kev.
Do you think the Italian thing I posted is the rubber cover?
If it is rubber I hope the buggers on the forum don't buy them all before I can afford one.
Dave

Lewey.
You eper page has me interested.
Do you know if item 18 on that page, Protection Cover Pt. 7602682 is still available and if it is what is the price.
It is the rubber cover for underneath the car
Dave
Hello Dave,
just ordered one of these [protection cover] from my local Fiat dealer today. price £13.00. Guy in stores checked and confirmed they are still available. Also ordered new bushes for gear linkage. Hope he checked the right items. Should be here Tuesday- Wednesday next week. Will let you know when and if it arrives.

Hello Dave,
just ordered one of these [protection cover] from my local Fiat dealer today. price £13.00. Guy in stores checked and confirmed they are still available. Also ordered new bushes for gear linkage. Hope he checked the right items. Should be here Tuesday- Wednesday next week. Will let you know when and if it arrives.
Majority of linkage bushes seem to be in production and available. Out of production doesn't mean they are not available as dealers have old "local" stock that FIAT cannot account for. They very often do go together of course. Certainly my dealer is able to search what he describes as "national" stock.

Hello Dave,

Please please do....as I got the boot ordered at my fiat dealer. They said they were coming from Italy. Then a week later said it was a mistake, the order system said yes.. Italy said NO!

thanks for all your help every one, i managed to bodge the bushes with gaffa tape, and welded the nut back on today, il be refitting it in the next couple of days so will let you know how iv got on:)

Called at local Fiat dealer today to collect gear linkage bushes and protection cover. Bushes had arrived £1.22 each but no protection cover. Guy says it should be here tomorrow but i'm not holding my breath. If it does arrive I will post on here.

Called at local Fiat dealer today to collect gear linkage bushes and protection cover. Bushes had arrived £1.22 each but no protection cover. Guy says it should be here tomorrow but i'm not holding my breath. If it does arrive I will post on here.
Went back to Fiat dealer today to collect protection cover. No luck, after stating they are available they now say they are not.(n)
So I'm off to patch the old one up with gaffer tape.

Back