gear knob...

Currently reading:
gear knob...

A

Andy1.6hlx

i bought a universal abarth gear knob for my bravo and it looks great, but after a while it always works itself lose and it's starting to really annoy me... anyone got a decent gear knob that actually fits properly or knows where i can get one, as i don't wanna put the original one back on as it looks horrible, cheers

use some tiger seal it wont come off then pal,
holds busses together

problem is the plastic bit that attaches to the gear stick itself is too thin... so when the gear knob goes over it it doesn't hold onto it firm enough...

andy, i always had that with my old car. did u get a set of the plastic bits? put a bigger one on and force it on, it wont come off then

yeah i did mate... the plastic bit is fine, it fits the stick perfectly and doesn't come off... the problem is it's not wide enough so the actual gear knob doesn't really hug it very well... so after a while it becomes loose :(

use one that the hole is too small to fit the gear stick, then force it on, that will stretch it so that it becomes bigger, then the gear knob wont fit, but if u force that on aswell, it wont come off any time soon.

on my bravo, i took a MGF gear knob, drilled it just a little bit smaller than the gear stick, then put a cloth over it and hit it with a hammer till it was perfectly stuck!