Technical Gear box trouble

Currently reading:
Technical Gear box trouble

adam7157

Hi there everyone a newbie here. I have a problem with my girlfriends Fiat Brava 51 plate. I have had the gear box replaced with a reconditioned one out of a scrap yard had. The gearbox works fine going into all gears fine but there is an annoying rattley ticking sort of noise abut once you press the clutch pedal in about 2 inches the noise totally goes. Does anyone have any ideaswhat is causing this as it is driving my girlfriend nuts.The noise was never there before the gearbox was fitted.Thanks in advance you my Fiat friends.:D

Sounds like the clutch release bearing, was the noise there before you changed the gearbox? did you fit a new clutch whilst you had the gearbox out? did you check the release bearing was fixed in properly before fitting the gearbox in place.

Hi Fishpond thanks for your quick reply i can confirm the clutch was changed and there was never the noise before had replacement fitted. Also how do you check the level of the gear box oil and are the other fixes that you have mentioned expensive at all thanks again.

Any ideas please of price and how difficult the fixes could be cheers.

Back