Technical Gear Box Faulty

Currently reading:
Technical Gear Box Faulty

gannuty

hie guys im frm singapore. jus owned a 2nd hand fiat idea for 3 months. so far its been great and it really change my mind of Fiat. but yesterday as i was waiting for my wife, as usual i let the engine running on N gear. then about 15-20 mins the indicator lights up and stated Gear box faulty. I tried pressing the brake and move to Auto 1st gear.. its states that gear unavailable. Until i off and then on the engine.. it came back to normal. it happen again the same day after a traffic congestion about 15mins idealing the indicator lights up. any of you guys facing the same probs like me.... I reallyt need to noe wats the fault.... thkss

Same happened to me last week. I took the car in and they found a fault when using the diagnostoc computer and uploaded some more software. They also topped up the gearbox fluid.

5 days later the fault has returned. They say they will seek authorisation under 3rd year warranty (less than 1 month left) otherwise a new pump will cost £700!:(!

Its strange to have a problem after 20mins idling. Could be oil pressure going out of tolerance? Blocked filter? Definately get that switch checked.
During the 20mins that the light comes on, if you rev the engine periodically or engage a gear and move a bit does it still happen.

New actuator installed but drive away from the garage and now making a noise when changing down from 3rd to 2nd a bit like when you don't have the clutch fully passed the bite point on a manual. Getting very frustrated now.

Is there a seperate forum on the dualogic gearbox?

Hi I've had the same kind of problem with me 'Idea' I was driving came to a halt, 10 mins later there's warning sound and yellow triangle saying 'Gear not available' I tried to switch of and start but would not engage! I called the recovery people, when they arrived the car would not even start :( So Monday its with the main dealers for a diagnostic. this is twice in three weeks.

Hi, It seems my wifes IDEA has developed this same problem....

Any of you guys get it resolved, and how ?

Thanks.

Back