Garmin Streetpilot C510T is this good deal?

Currently reading:
Garmin Streetpilot C510T is this good deal?

yea
halfords dropped the c550 price incredibly during christmas, like below half price but now all the units are gone
the 510 is always a good deal, its only disadvantage is the size and inability to easily carry it about but mappn is the same as the more expensive models

also a few companies (co-op is one i think) are selling their garmin sat nav really cheap as the maps are old, but garmin give you the update for free if you bought a new unit with old maps ;)

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118082

i probably going to have to use another punto with out satnav built in for a while, this one ok after i finished with it would need to give it to my daughter to use.

reviews say it good but seems it need a extra airel for tmc?:confused:

Forget about the OEM systems from whatever car manufacturers.

They are usually crap and the updates cost an eye.

The 510 is old but honest. I won it from a radio station and gave it to the US relatives, they bought the US maps and told me it was a lifesaver, in NY.

I've got a 510, brilliant little thing. Its taken me all over the place without missing a beat, I can miss turnings and it just keeps going. I've got a lifetime subscription to TMC, the ariel for TMC is attached to the power cord (like an old fashioned FM ariel). There is an option to buy a seperate external ariel for when you're in poor signal areas but I've never needed one. Been around the UK and France, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg with it, must have saved me a fortune in fuel by preventing me getting lost.
EDIT: you can get a Nuvi for around £100 these days, the 510 is good but I would have the Nuvi if I could.

Last edited:
Back