General Future of Fiat 500 production?

Currently reading:
General Future of Fiat 500 production?

Lenny500

Hi all

does anyone know if the current 500 has long left in production? I see you can no longer order a sport model which is highly disappointing. Local dealer does not have much info on the future apart from current low stock and no info on sport model.

We currently have a 2020 1.2 lounge and wanted to swap it for a another before they stop.

many thanks

While it's still selling they'll probably string it out till the EV's take over, as John says. That doesn't mean the importers will still bring them in though. If anything RHD cars will likely disappear first. In this country dealerships have dried up and there's only one left in Victoria. The Sport hasn't been sold for nearly ten years and now the 500C has been discontinued.

I predict the value of used petrol cars will increase the closer to 2030 here in the UK as people who'll never be able to afford an EV are desperate to buy the "last" petrol cars they can afford, let alone the cost of charging for the vast numbers that's impossible to charge at home even if the can afford one?

While it's still selling they'll probably string it out till the EV's take over, as John says. That doesn't mean the importers will still bring them in though. If anything RHD cars will likely disappear first. In this country dealerships have dried up and there's only one left in Victoria. The Sport hasn't been sold for nearly ten years and now the 500C has been discontinued.
They had the 500S, which is pretty much what the Sport is. Probably what the OP is referring to???

I'd trade my beloved TA tomorrow for the 500e but at a likely price of well over $AU40k it's never gonna happen.
Keep the TwinAir. Wait until the 500e has been out for another year. It’s FIAT’s second 500e but the first one was US only and it has garbage, would lose 20% of its range within three years of ownership. The new 500e has been out for a year and a half now, maybe give it a half a year to see how they’re holding up in the long term.

Keep the TwinAir. Wait until the 500e has been out for another year. It’s FIAT’s second 500e but the first one was US only and it has garbage, would lose 20% of its range within three years of ownership. The new 500e has been out for a year and a half now, maybe give it a half a year to see how they’re holding up in the long term.
Simple economics dictates that I will keep the TA - probably till the day I give up driving. The cost of a 500e will be double what I paid for my TA (and in this country they were expensive!) while my disposable income hasn't changed.

Back