Future models from the FIAT group.

Currently reading:
Future models from the FIAT group.

I had a quick look but didn't see this anywhere else, so I've stuck it up for everyone to have a look. It's a preview of the rumoured futrue cars from Italian car makers i.e Lancia, Alfa, Ferrari, Maserati.

Some stuff of interest like, a new Strada, a new 500 180bhp Turbo!, the Settecento oh and a new Lancia Delta HF 4WD in 2008! :D

Heres the link, have a look yourself.

http://www.italiaspeed.com/newsite/futuremodels.htm

Aaron.

Oh no. They're planning on making an SUV :yuck: and whats more they're planning on making it with Suzuki :bang: so it'll be a Fiat Vitara! :cry:AAAAAAAAARRRGH!
I can't express, at least not on a public forum, how much I loathe these stupid "soft roaders"! :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Me neither, until I tried, at which point my greatest mate (the one I have problems with her not doing our joint work) said they own a Vitara lol) - She hates me enough already!

I can't see Fiat getting anywhere with a Fiat Offroader personally.

The "new 500" IMO is a car that could save Fiat. However, two big criticisms:

Estimated cost of €14000!
All engines are big and powerful.

No 750cc/1000cc/1200cc (except an 80BHP unit) - the figures stated would make insurance impossible. Then again, maybe they are aiming it at a different market that I first thought.

I'm pleased they are seriously considering the Trepiuno, it's such a cute looking car but they are planning to put in some decent engines as well. Can you see the look on Mr Nova's face when you leave him at the lights in your little car with it's 1.6 16v turbo engine :D.

I just realise my post didn't include this:

I think it would be great if they stuck in a nice powerful engine to make it a serious contender, however, I do personally feel that ALL the engines stated are too high an output for what I considered the car to be for.

Yeah, I hope that goes into production. I'd buy one if I could afford it! It looks the business and would go like stink if they do stick a 1.6 turbo engine in it :D

Paul, this "friend" of yours sounds like a complete numpty - is she fit, which would partly make up for the lack of intelligence and unforgivable Vitara ownership?

pghstochaj said:
I just realise my post didn't include this:

I think it would be great if they stuck in a nice powerful engine to make it a serious contender, however, I do personally feel that ALL the engines stated are too high an output for what I considered the car to be for.
but you also have to bear in mind that it will probably be larger (are there any small cars at all for sale anymore? i mean the new mini is considered a "supermini" :rolleyes: ) so the bigger power will only equal same performance as the basic punt/cinq

The new mini IS a supermini, it's too large to be a mini (despite it being partly responsible for that class lol).

I thought the idea was that it was sort of a replacement for the 500 (in spirit) hence won't be hugely overweight! (i.e. barely big enough for 4 adults!).

Fiat already make the Punto, AFAIK that's fine, if this is replacing the Sei you would hope it wouldn't need stupidly oversized engines and a massive price tag!

I thought Fiat had identified a market for a mini car and that's why they were making this. Now I am just confused!

pghstochaj said:
The new mini IS a supermini, it's too large to be a mini (despite it being partly responsible for that class lol).

To call the new Mini, Mini isnt a good use of the word.

I adore the Trepiuno, would kill for a 1600cc Turbo. But again, I dont think its gonna have the true essence that a small car should have - being properly small.

To digress, Its the cramped conditions of the 'cento and general cheap build quality of the car that makes it so rewarding to drive IMO, and I just havent seen anything like it past 1998! All the "small" cars are huge in comparison to the original definition of a small car!!!

Cars can change dramatically from concept to production though so with the details being sketchy at best the Turbo might not appear or it will and some small engines will be included but who knows.

All the good concept's I see never see the light of day and some are too late and miss their target audience, like the MK4 Astra, too out dated and the Focus won, I seen it at the 95 Motorshow.

Liam

Punto 1.6 16V Turbo (180-200 bhp)

About time!!!

And just when I switched to Renault for the speed increase!!! Oh well back to Punto's in a couple of years then!! :)

Back