Technical Fuseboxes location

Currently reading:
Technical Fuseboxes location

atomtm

Hello everyone !
I am trying to figure where my battery drainage comes from .
I have connected an ammeter to the battery and I am pulling one fuse at a time . The reading is 400ma no matter what. Have checked all fuses near the battery and under the steering wheel.
My question is if there is a fusebox inside the boot or anywhere else. It is a Fiat Stilo 1,3 2002.

Thank you in advance !

Hello everyone !
I am trying to figure where my battery drainage comes from .
I have connected an ammeter to the battery and I am pulling one fuse at a time . The reading is 400ma no matter what. Have checked all fuses near the battery and under the steering wheel.
My question is if there is a fusebox inside the boot or anywhere else. It is a Fiat Stilo 1,3 2002.

Thank you in advance !

Yes... some versions have another fuse box in the boot. If fitted, it will be behind the removable cover the left side.

Attachments

• Rear Fuse Box.jpg
    Rear Fuse Box.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 36
I am very sorry for this late reply , as I didn't receive an email notification.

First of all , I really appreciate your feedback ! Thank you both!

As for your question Ralf S. I have an aftermarket radio installed and used one of the fuses on the dashboard.Have already disconnected this.

By the way I have also disconnected the horn of the car security system, because it fired up for no reason , even when driving ! Would like to disable the security system all together because there are times I am seeing the alarm lights blinking for no reason ( causing battery drainage? ).
Is there any list with description of every fuse on my car?

Thank you again !

The alarm/security system just became the prime suspect, for me.

The lights themselves wouldn't drain the battery too much by themselves but they show that there's some kind of problem, If the system has got a fault and it's re-setting itself or re-calibrating, it'll use quite a few amps, which would make the battery die.

Ralf S.

Let me try to find the fuses and will measure for leaks. Will keep you updated asap!

Once I connect the ammeter in series with the battery , I get ca 500mA for 10-20 sec approximately and then it drops to 50mA, so I suppose there are no leaks in the electrical system.
Now I am skeptical about the car security system, and I am thinking there might be a chance it goes on by itself when battery levels drop.
Like previously said , I have already disconnected the horn from the alarm system so I am not hearing it when it goes on , but there were times I have seen my alarms flashing with no reason.
In general I am not interested in keeping the car security and want to disable it for good.

Is there a specific fuse for this I can pull or anyone can help me identify car security location to disconnect it from the electrical system (not aftermarket)?

Thank you in advance

Back