Technical fusebox and windows

Currently reading:
Technical fusebox and windows

symmy

hi , can any body tell me how to get my 03 20jtd out of economy mode so i can close window????? the book says i need to start it but as the fuse box has had water in it and ruined it that is impossible . cheers paul

yep the book is correct you need to start it !!!
which fuse box has got water in it ?
how ??
why won't it start ???

hi and thanks there is water in the fuse board in the engine compartment.i have just ordered a new one as its been a running problem.it wont start due to to the fuse that activates the fuel pump .according to the forum this is a common fault i think.

:) Yes very common fuse box with water in. Try just connecting a charger to the battery for 10 mins then turn ignition on and try window. And good luck with the fusebox and you will get imobilser fault when fitted but just remarry the key.

Oh!!!!.....How do I re-marry the key? Why is nothing simple with this car?? :)
The fusebox should be delivered tomorrow from Fiat.

:) Sorry dont panic
if it doesn't start and engine imobiliser fault comes up on the display. Turn the key to the off position press and hold the lock button and turn key to on position(all lights on display but not winding th engine) do this a couple of times then release button and try to start engine.

at last the car is all working and back to normal and i get my car back from the wife complete with all the sweets and crisp packets . put new fuse box in and car started fine and seems to be running much smoother so thank you for all your advise cheers paul

Back