General Fuel reading issue

Currently reading:
General Fuel reading issue

Holser

This was after filling up from half a tank to full..

Anyone had issues with their fuel gauge not working properly after filling up to a full tank? Constantly showing full and the range is showing incorrect. Just stays around 512 miles which is totally unachievable and the fuel consumption fluctuates wildly between 16 - 97 mpg. Noticed after a few days of use that the fuel gauge hadn't dropped any and still hasn't. Should be reading about half a tank by now

There are two fuel consumption menus on the car. Firstly the instant which does exactly what it says tells you approx what fuel you are using at that moment and varies greatly with the slightest touch of the accelerator, The other one is the average which gives consumption over a period of time and is available on both trips A & B.

Just check that you are looking at the correct menu.

The range decreases as I drive but if I stop and turn off and then restart the range has jumped up again. Set the cruise to 60mph earlier today on the M40 and the fuel consumption was jumping/fluctuating from 0 to 97mpg.As you say it could be a stuck float or a software glitch.Got it booked in to be looked at but I'm hoping in the meantime it may sort itself and catch up with itself.

There are two fuel consumption menus on the car. Firstly the instant which does exactly what it says tells you approx what fuel you are using at that moment and varies greatly with the slightest touch of the accelerator, The other one is the average which gives consumption over a period of time and is available on both trips A & B.

Just check that you are looking at the correct menu.

Both are giving incorrect readings

You say you are booked in to get this looked at.

MultiECUScan can display and graph both fuel level, MPG and instantaneous fuel consumption. If you can find a willing MES user (https://www.fiatforum.com/multiecuscan-members-register/ ) near you then you may be able to gather more technical info/proof prior to your booked in dealer visit. These reading would include dynamic driving in addition to just static readings.

Last edited:
Back