Technical fuel filter and injectors

Currently reading:
Technical fuel filter and injectors

cheapomulti

hi there started the cheapomulti 2000 X plate 1.6 16vlv petrol model (basic 100 model) for the first time since xmas yesterday....

it ran for a few mins and then was down to 3 cyl' , A I've check the coil pack (its A Ok) and the plugs & leads are ok, I've tracked the problem down to no4 injector bunged up I've tested all 4 and despite ultra sonic cleaning (i have an ultra sonic tank) it wouldn't reliably inject further testing has shown that the soleniod coil on this injector has an intermitent open circuit fault.

so my real question is do the 1.6 Brava and Bravo use the same injectors.
If not are they available "reconditioned" from fiat or do i have to buy new.

Also does the multipla have a fuel filter at/in the tank like a lot of injection cars do to protect the pump ?????????? if not where is it....as i'd like to change it whist the car's of the road.

its a shame realy the multi's been realy reliable till now..

Last edited:
nice links and picture but cant find a filter on that drawing only pipes an the vapour trap (often mistaken for a filter)....surely fiat installed a filter ???

also for info for others after quick cross reference in some parts cat's it looks like at least the bravo 1.6 shares the beige ring injectors used in the 100sx multipla ...maybe other models as well ....need to do more book work.
they are available on buypartsby.co.uk for just under £50+vat each.

I dont realy want to pay that much ...it is after all a cheapomulti :)

well my wife needs the car so have had to order a set of new 4 injectors at £40 each !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ouch.....If only we didn't need the car asap i'm sure a hunt arround some scrappies would have found some...
still id like to thank Peat as the link to the online parts cat enabled me to cross reference several other models and other parts cat's.

still at least I'll have 3 spare ones now....

Still though I cant find a fuel filter fitted to the multipla...seems like a fairly major design flaw ...I'm thinking of fitting a universal high presure fuel filter (as fitted to many kit cars).....looks like it'd be a simple fit within the engine bay..

well i fitted the brand new injectors today as well as a new inline high presure fuel filter and so far she runs lovely . :)

just incase any body had the same problem heres where i fitted the filter
23012010006.jpg

ive had no more problems with my new injectors.
23012010.jpg

Nicely fitted fuel filter, not sure why Fiat didn't fit a fuel filter, but there is some filtering system in the in tank fuel pump system.

thanx
hopefully the filter will help stop future injector damage/clogging.

Just gota fit some new wish bones(£20+vat a side) (front and rear bushes are toast) and a new exhuast downpipe (£34+vat) to get it though the mot.... hopefully I'll get time to fit them tomorrow.

the joys of owning an older cheapo car :)

just in case anyone reads this I replaced my wish bones... turns out if you undo one end of the arb links both sides it allows you to rotate the arb out of the way making it an easy job to use an alignment pin to get the bolt holes in line..fitted two wish bones in ~45 mins.
new downpipe also fitted ....she drives lovely again but i noticed the front flexi brake lines are perrished so i'll be under her again very soon..

Back