General Fuel Economy Stilo JTD115.

Currently reading:
General Fuel Economy Stilo JTD115.

JTDStilo222

Hi, I was wondering what sort of Average MPG folks are getting from the 115 JTD.

I suspect I am not getting what I should.

I live in Devon and the car is used 90% of the time commuting 15 miles each way up the duel carriage way. I travel less than a mile off the motorway each end.

Driving normally, 70-80mph and speed limits on the back roads it will return 48-50mpg.

My last tank i spent the whole time going 50-60 on the dual carrigeway and accelerating slowly in the village/industrial estate. I even slip streamed lorries and coaches on the way home. Despite this rediculous frugality I only managed an average of 55mpg.

I wondered if this was normal? My friend gets 55mpg just driving his 2004 Golf normally.

Hi,
yeah about the same as mine ( i have a jtd MW)
The best i ever got was an average of 56 mpg.
I know some folk you have had their stilos remapped report slightly better mpg.
I will be interested to see what other peeps post !

Cheers

2002 Stilo JTD 115 5-door = 48mpg
(Completely standard)
General commutering max distance 10 miles.

2005 Stilo JTD 115 MW = 51mpg
(Biodiesel + Tuning Box)
General commutering max distance 10 miles

We do a lot a stopping and starting, short hops 5 or 6 mile stuff to work and school. Traffic around here is seriously heavy(junction 10 of the M6). So far we've seen 55+mpg on a good run in both cars unless I'm driving. I tend to have a heavy foot. :devil:

multiwagon jtd115 & I am only averaging 44 mpg (easy 13 miles commute each way @ 55-60 mph). I think I used to get around 47 on the same run.
Most impressive was a fully loaded trip to N.Devon 18 months ago, there and back and driving around whilst down there 500 ish miles total, avr 50.2 mpg.

JTD 115 MW, normal running around and commuting +/- 46 to 48 mpg. Spent 2 weeks earlier in the year touring down to the Black Forest, averaged +/-58 mpg over a trip distance of about 1300 miles. :)

I only use the stilo for short fast runs so my mpg was only 41 it's a jtd 115. I done a test last week drove sensibly bout 50 miles mainly motorway and was able to get 55.

Currently averaging 55MPG.

Best so far during ownership is 68MPG on a long run - Best the Journey saw was 72MPG but after journey is was 68MPG.

Car: Stilo JTD 115 3-Door

Hi, I was wondering what sort of Average MPG folks are getting from the 115 JTD.

I suspect I am not getting what I should.

I live in Devon and the car is used 90% of the time commuting 15 miles each way up the duel carriage way. I travel less than a mile off the motorway each end.

Driving normally, 70-80mph and speed limits on the back roads it will return 48-50mpg.

My last tank i spent the whole time going 50-60 on the dual carrigeway and accelerating slowly in the village/industrial estate. I even slip streamed lorries and coaches on the way home. Despite this rediculous frugality I only managed an average of 55mpg.

I wondered if this was normal?

Yep

:yeahthat:

I don't see much of dual carriageways or motorways - mainly A and B roads.
At the moment I'm averaging 54mpg which is just tickity-boo as far as I'm concerned :cool:
However, a wee bit of heavy right foot driving rapidly sees that figure drop to the mid 40s which is still entirely acceptable IMHO :D

I recently had a late night 125 mile run on a quiet 'A' road and managed my best mpg for ages, some 61mpg average at an average speed of 54mph. Not bad for a 7 year old car with over 100k on the clock ;)'

I have just purchased a 3-door 115bhp. I am doing 2x35mile runs per day and getting 48mpg. EGR needs replacing then will re-map and see what happens.

I have just purchased a 3-door 115bhp. I am doing 2x35mile runs per day and getting 48mpg. EGR needs replacing then will re-map and see what happens.

Sounds good - I havent gone down the remap route yet, because I still have the Power Loss that some JTD's suffer - and no-one can find the fault as to why. But I'm getting good MPG. Just got 580 Miles out of my last tank of fuel - eco driving.

Having a heavy right foot tank at the mo - Currently averaging 51MPG.

What you complaining about. I get 20-22 at a push :devil:
:worship:
sound like we have the same driving manner...

on the mpg front, i do 70 miles a day commute on bendy twisty country roads. i am forever down through the gears for bends and short overtaky bits, and i still get 43 mpg avg over the last 8500 miles...

I did manage to get it down to 31 on a drive back from Scotland, i was actually quite impressed with that though as according to the trip comp my avg speed was 93... :eek:

:worship:
sound like we have the same driving manner...

on the mpg front, i do 70 miles a day commute on bendy twisty country roads. i am forever down through the gears for bends and short overtaky bits, and i still get 43 mpg avg over the last 8500 miles...

I did manage to get it down to 31 on a drive back from Scotland, i was actually quite impressed with that though as according to the trip comp my avg speed was 93... :eek:

Only difference is volxstu has a 2.4L Schumacher and you have a Diesel.

Sounds good - I havent gone down the remap route yet, because I still have the Power Loss that some JTD's suffer - and no-one can find the fault as to why. But I'm getting good MPG. Just got 580 Miles out of my last tank of fuel - eco driving.

Having a heavy right foot tank at the mo - Currently averaging 51MPG.

What is the power-loss problem ? When does it occur ?
Thanks

What is the power-loss problem ? When does it occur ?
Thanks

Hard to say when (if at all), and it can be a number of things. Usually because the EGR is blocked full or dirt and Oil, the EGR should be cleaned regularly.

Could also be the MAF, MAP, Cracked Pipe-Work and at very very very worse, the TURBO, but you would know if it was the turbo because you would have no power at all.

I suppose, a lot of people by Stilo's second hand and chances are they could already have blocked Valves/Sensors and because thats how it always been to you, you wouldn't notice any difference. If you get change over a dry weekend use this thread HERE and see how dirty your EGR is.

Maintenance is the key

Mine a 115 Mw is doing about 40mpg when the dash stays on long enough for me to see anything, About 400 ish to the tank and i dont hang about.

Well...
It seems the jtd likes Shell Optimax Diesel.

Last cycle did 56.9mpg driving normally.

I recently did 62mpg on a run to london. I did 70 most of the way up the A303. Much better than the figures I mentioned at the start of this thread.

If you have a JTD give this fuel a go as I am seeing 10 - 15% increase in fuel efficiency over normal diesel oil so you make savings despite the 7p difference in price.

Also, the car has much more throttle response and is much smoother and quieter.

Try it, it works. (y)

Back